The Life of a Little Diva

Monday, January 10, 2011

Tubes!

Molly Grace was scheduled to check in at the surgery center at 7:30 this morning. We woke up to 2 inches of snow and slick roads so we were afraid they would be closed, but luckily, they were there and ready!

We lucked out because she slept until it was time for me to wake her up and go. I was so afraid she'd wake up extra early and we'd have to keep her from eating (which was not going to be a fun or easy task!). But at 7:00 I got her up, put her in clean jammies and we headed out in the snow!

We checked in and waited. She was such a good girl. She talked and played with her baby and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We got to go back with her for a little bit, then the nurse took her down to the surgery room. I was so afraid MG would cry which would make me cry, but she let the nurse take her and never even wimpered! She's such a sweet baby! The procedure itself only lasted about 15 minutes. The dr. came out and told us when it was over. She was still in recovery trying to wake up. I really wanted to be the one with her when she woke up, but they didn't allow that. The longest, hardest part was waiting for her to come out of recovery because I knew she was waking up to a stranger and I wanted to be there! But after another 15 minutes, they let us go back and see her. She was so out of it! I got to give her a bottle and she guzzled it down! She kept sitting up, then just falling over! She fell asleep on the way home!

She's been a really good girl today. But she's definitely not herself yet. She's either been asleep or laying on us all day long (it's been 5 hours since we left). She won't let us put her down. One of us has held her all day! It's funny because we can tell that she can hear better. She's jumped a couple times when Jamey or I have said something and when I sneezed, she almost leaped off my lap!

The worst part of the whole day was when she busted her mouth and nose on a toy! The surgery was nothing compared to that! Poor girl's been through a lot today! I was on the couch and she was reaching up for me. Her feet slipped out from under her and went backward and she went forward, face first onto her toy. She NEVER really cries when she falls or bumps something, but she had a fit this time so I knew she was hurt before I even saw the blood! She's got a nice, swollen lip out of it now!

I'm so glad to have her surgery over with. I'm so grateful that she'll be ear infection free for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment