The verdict is in...MG's getting tubes put in on Monday! We took her to the ENT today. It pretty much wasn't an option, but a definite to have the tubes! He took a look at her ears and then went right into telling us about the procedure! Both ears were full of fluid. Her left ear (which is the one she's always tugging on) is over half full and her right is half full. He said this is the age when it starts to affect speech and hearing so we definitely need to do it.
She was such a good girl! Her daddy and I picked her up early from "school" (Mother's Day Out). Jamey had never been to see her room or watch her with other kids so it was kind of neat for him. We all went to lunch at Heavenly Ham (our favorite!) and MG was a doll! She had just eaten lunch 30 minutes earlier, but she devoured a ton of cheerios, freeze dried apples and part of my croissant! We had to wait a little bit in the waiting room and she was so good! I downloaded some fun apps for her on my phone this morning and she had a good time! She was definitely all about her daddy today! She wanted him to hold her all day! I think she was proud he came to get her!
I'm really glad that we're getting this taken care of. I'm anxious to see how her demeanor changes afterwards. 1 mom on my birth board even said her son finally started walking once he got tubes! Maybe that's what she's waiting on!
We check in Monday morning. They schedule youngest to oldest so hopefully we'll be pretty early because she can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight. I'm going to have 1 ticked off little girl Monday morning when she doesn't get her milk and oatmeal right away!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment