Molly Grace had a BIG weekend! She tried a few fresh fruits for the first time, crawled for real, and said her first word!!! Wow!
Saturday for a snack I gave her little pieces of peaches. She wasn't really sure what to do with them, but if I put them in her mouth she would eat them up! We went to Sams later that day and she was kind of fussy. Lucky for us they had samples of Dole fruit cups! She ate 2 samples of the peaches! We knew it was time to go when we ran out of fruit! Tonight I let her try some banana pieces. She made the most horrible face when I put them in her mouth, gummed them for a little bit and spit them out! She's getting better about using a sippy cup. If she's actually thirsty, she'll take a drink, but usually she just sticks it in her mouth and blows raspberries with it in there! It's too funny!
Today Jamey and I both felt bad and she was still running a fever and kind of sleepy and clingy so we stayed home from church. I was in the bedroom when Jamey told me to come look. He said MG had crawling down. She's been 'crawling' for awhile. Everytime we leave the room she tries to follow and we'll find her on the other side of the room when we come back! We knew she could, we'd just never seen her! But Jamey said she had both legs and arms finally moving! She's still kind of clumsy with it and will randomly just collapse face first! ha! But she is such a determined little thing. She just gets right back up and takes off again!
MG loves being outside. If she's fussy, we go outside! She loved her cousin's swing and we have one, but we have no trees to hang it from! I asked Jamey to build her something to hang it from and he did a great job! Molly Grace swung for about 45minutes this evening until we finally made her come in! She loves it!
We've been trying to get her to say mama or dada forever. She usually just blows raspberries at us or babbles some random noises at us! Tonight while she was swinging I said "say dada". She looked at us and said "da" clear as could be! We got excited, but I figured it was just a coincidence. Again I said "say dada" and she said "da-du". Then she said it a 3rd time! I'm pretty sure after 3 times it's not just a coincidence! I'm so glad we were both there to hear her first word! I was so afraid she would say it while I was home with her and Jamey would miss it!
Tomorrow is my last day home with my princess. Tuesday we start professional development. I've been really dreading going back. She and I have had such a wonderful 7 1/2 months together. I'm her favorite person and I don't want that to change! But I'm really looking forward to getting back to teaching. I've been just praying and praying that God would give me a peace about leaving her and help me to see the blessings in it rather than the negatives. Like always, He has comforted me and I am ready to face the new year! My sweet baby girl gets to stay with her granny and pap during the day so I am very blessed! Other than Jamey and myself, they are the ones who love her the most! I know she will be loved on, rocked, comforted and cared for just like if it was me! I would really prefer to just strap her on my chest and take her to kindergarten with me, but this is the 2nd best choice!
No comments:
Post a Comment