I will readily admit that my child is a drama queen! Not at all sure where she gets that from! Ha! We have been having some serious bedtime drama at our house for a couple weeks now. I blamed it on the time change, I blamed it on teething, I made up any excuse I could, but most of them haven't panned out! Jamey and I are exhausted! Every night this week she's fought us for at least an hour before going to sleep (and most nights it's closer to 2 hours). Then she wakes up screaming in the middle of the night and every couple hours after that until morning. The jest of it is that she wants to sleep with us! She doesn't like being in there alone (and really I don't blame her!). I love having her sleep with us, but I know it's best for her if she develops healthy sleep habits now. I would love to go in there right now (as she's crying her little heart out), grab her up and take her to bed with me! But I'm resisting with everything I have!
After trying EVERYTHING else we can think of for the past couple weeks, we've resorted to letting her cry it out tonight. It actually hasn't been that bad. We laid her down and she immediately lost it. I went back in, settled her down and laid her back down - she lost it. So I told her I loved her and left. She's been in there for about 10 minutes now. She's cried, but not a whole lot. She's walked around her crib, flung herself down, and she keeps leaning over to look at the door! God love her - she's a hard headed little thing. We agreed to try this tonight. If it works, great! If not, we'll never do it again! As I type this, she's standing in her crib, blankie in hand, with her head leaned on the railing. She's so tired but just won't give it up! Who's kid is she?! Ha!
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment