The Life of a Little Diva

Thursday, March 31, 2011

15 month checkup

Stats
Weight: 23 lbs, 6 oz (55%)
Height: 30.25" (55%)
Head: 18.5" (75%)

We had MG's 15 month checkup today. Last time we went she wasn't walking yet so it wasn't a big deal that I was there by myself. Let me just say, today was a whole new experience! Thankfully we were the only ones in the waiting room! MG lasted about 2 minutes on my lap! Then she chose herself a magazine and sprawled out on the floor. I was able to hold back my OCD, germaphobe self for a total of 45 seconds before I had to get her up out of the floor! We were at least on the well side! She was happy to sit next to me in a chair with her magazine the rest of the time.

She was thrilled that she got to strip down to her diaper once we got in a room! She was not so thrilled, however, when I sat her down on the scale. She was even less thrilled (or should we say hysterical) when I had to lay her down to get her measurement! I'm not sure how accurate the measurement was this month!

She was pretty impatient waiting for the dr. She really wanted to walk around. My OCD, germaphobe self just couldn't take it, though. Not to mention that she was barefoot! Nope, she got about 2 steps in before I couldn't do it! She loved the paper on the table, though. She ate several bites and tore it to shreds. It made some really nice noises! We sang some songs, I'm sure the people in the room next to us loved my beautiful singing voice! You can't beat free entertainment!

She was pretty good and got a good report. We're going to stop the bedtime bottles next week. She's ready, I'm sure. I don't think it will phase her at all. Her daddy and I, however, are having a little bit of anxiety about it! Her bottles kind of the last tie we have to her being a baby. She's not talking as much as the ped would like. But the speech therapist where I work said not to worry since she understands everything I say and she was 7 weeks premature. That makes a big difference. When it comes to speech, she said they go by developmental age. We are supposed to insist more that she says things before we give her what she wants. And we're supposed to focus more on the beginning sound than the whole word. She's supposed to know 200 words by age 2 - we've got a looooong way to go!

Her tubes looked great. She has 2 molars already in and is cutting the other 2 still. She has a little bit of a staph infection in her diaper area. I noticed it a week or so ago, but thought it was a heat rash. We've kept it dry and clean, though, which is what the ped said was best to do. She said it wasn't bad and all we need to do is wash it with antibacterial soap. So overall, a good checkup!

The shots were a nightmare! MG did not want to lay down. When there's a stranger around she wants to be held. So we ticked her off from the beginning when I had to lay her down! Then the nurse held her legs down and wanted me to hold her upper body down. With both of us holding her down, she still managed to squirm and buck all over the place! The nurse said "wow, she really gets red!". She was yelling and crying hysterically. It was awful! There were tears and snot everywhere! She usually always calms down once I pick her back up. Not this time! She was still crying when we checked out! She did get her first sucker and sticker, though!

Speaking of sucker, it made her 1 happy little girl! She ate it the entire way home! She laughed and smiled and had the best time. She was covered head to toe in sticky sucker by the time we made it home! I filled a pan with water and let her play in it to get her hands clean. She ended up soaking wet from head to toe! At one point she even leaned all the way over and stuck her head in the pot! She loves some water!

I'm glad to have this checkup over. I'm always happy for good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment