We've had such a great weekend! We didn't do a whole lot, but we had a good time doing it!
Our plan was to visit a new church today, but we had a little 'disaster' (not really a disaster, but I can't think of a better word!) AND we're having a little trouble getting motivated! We're both really anxious to find the place for our family, but we both really hate walking into new places! We're going to have to make it a bigger priority, though. I want our daughter to grow up loving the Lord and seeing her parents loving the Lord! Ok, I got sidetracked...
Anyway, after breakfast this morning we were playing in the living room and I saw a ginormous, huge spider crawling across MG's couch. If you know me at all, you can imagine my reaction! I grabbed MG and we ran for safety! Ha! Our hero killed the spider and went right outside to spray the house - he knows me so well! MG and I took a long walk outside while he sprayed.
We loaded up and went to the park and had a great time as usual. MG loved swinging in the big swing and threw a fit when we got her out! She slid a hundred more times! Then she chased 2 poor ducks all over! We found some cheerios in the truck and they came right up to her to eat! We even saw her friend, Eva there and shared our cheerios!
After the park we were headed to pick up lunch and go home, but we stopped at Ed's Catfish instead and had a great lunch! MG was covered from head to toe (literally - that's not an exaggeration!) in mashed potatoes by the time we left! So was the floor, her chair and my leg! If they'd known how much she was going to eat they probably wouldn't have let her eat free! Her favorite part was the peach cobbler and ice cream! Mine, too!
We did a little grocery shopping and headed home for a nap. After her nap, we went outside and didn't come in until bedtime! She played on her slide, chased me around the yard, dug in the dirt, played in a mud hole, swam in her pool, played in her ball pit, rode her bike, and helped her daddy put together the grill. We must have sang Ring Around the Rosie at least 20 times while she spun and fell down! She really gets cracked up about that! MG even had a yummy picnik supper outside! She was worn out and went straight to bed after her bath!
I love these weekends - nothing important to do, just time to enjoy my family! I'm still so amazed everyday that MG is really mine and at how much she's growing! It's so funny to hear a little voice call my name or look up and see a feisty little thing following me around! My life is so good and I am beyond blessed!
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment