The Life of a Little Diva

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

Last night was a loooong night at our house! We were all so tired from being out later than usual the night before and planned on going to bed early - our plans changed! MG went to bed easy and quick and was sleeping so good. Then it started raining...and thundering...and lightning...then came the tornado sirens. It got ugly outside! There were several tornado warnings all around us. MG woke up crying the 2nd time the sirens went off. I went to get her and brought her in the living room with us - I just felt better having her in my arms anyway! She was so sleepy, but couldn't go back to sleep with all the noise. Then the power went off. Then it got really stuffy in our house! I'm not as terrified of storms as I used to be, but I like to be able to watch the news coverage continually until it's safe. It drove me nuts not to have the news on during that mess. My sister and mom let me know when it was safe to go to bed, though! We all headed to bed together, but it was hot and way too quiet! MG tossed and turned and kicked and crawled all over us! About the time we all got comfy and asleep, the power kicked back on and all the lights (including the big overhead light over our bed) came on! Seriously?! Ha! MG was just a little cranky today - and so was her momma! Just ask my poor kindergarteners! Hopefully tonight will be calm and quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment