The Life of a Little Diva

Friday, April 8, 2011

Changes

So...I mostly keep this blog all about MG, but some changes in my life came about today that I think will affect MG just as much as they affect me! I have taught kindergarten for 4 1/2 years now - that's all I've ever taught! Next year, though, I am moving up to 1st grade! It both thrills and terrifies me! I love kindergarten! I love the fun "fluff" that we get to do, I love how loving the kids are, and I love the amazing progress and growth I get to see in just 1 year. BUT, I feel like it's time for a change. Especially now that I'm a mom, I need to be with a different age group! Kindergarten takes so much patience and energy. I feel like I give everything I have to my kindergarteners all day long and when I finally get home I'm exhausted. That was fine when it was just Jamey and me! I could nap or do whatever when I got home. Now that I have sweet MG in my life, though, I really want something left over at the end of the day for her. I don't want her to get the "leftovers" of me. I want her to get the good me! Even though I know 1st grade is tough, I'm ready. I'm jumping in, ready to do it! And the best part is that my sweet kiddos from this year are moving up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment