
My sweet Molly Grace, you are 6 months old today! I know I say this every time you gain a week or a month, but I just can't believe how fast time has flown by! It's so hard to fathom that an entire 6 months have passed since you made your dramatic entrance into this world! You've continued to be the dramatic, spunky, happy girl you were from day 1! I pray you'll always have just enough of that spunkiness to stand up for yourself so no one walks all over you. I hope you'll always have just enough of a dramatic side to never be boring. And I hope you are always this happy and pleasant to bring smiles to everyone you meet! You have changed our world so much in such a short time. Your smile melts my heart and your cuddles melt me all over! I love you more than I ever imagined! My prayer for you each night is that throughout your life - in the good moments and the not-so-good - you will always know how wanted you were, how loved you are and what a miracle you are in our lives! I pray you always know how beautiful and wonderful you are, inside and out and that you never let anyone convince you otherwise. I pray that you will find a strong, supportive, loving husband just like your Daddy!

Enough of the sappiness! I just had to throw a little of that in here! ha!
Here's what you're up to a 6 months:
You weigh: 16.8 lbs and are in the 60th percentile for your actual age
You are this long: 25" - 25th percentile
Your head had a major growth spurt since 4 months! It's 17" which is the 70th percentile! I thought your poor little head would never grow!
You did great with your shots today. You cried your eyes out for about 5 minutes. Once I got to pick you back up you were cuddly and fine! We took you to Target to get some new foods to try in celebration!
You are eating 30-35 oz of Enfamil Gentlease formula each day. You take 5 bottles every 3-4 hours.
You have tried oatmeal, pears, and prunes. You loved the pears and prunes! For your birthday treat we're going to try sweet potatoes - almost as good as a bday cake!
You've been eating 1 meal of baby food a day. We're going to start trying 2 meals a day now!
You can roll over both ways like a pro. We can't keep you in one spot anymore!
You get up on your hands and knees to crawl, but so far you only go backward! I hear your Daddy did the same thing! 2 peas in a pod, I tell ya!
You are a really good problem solver already. You will figure out a way to get to something you want whether it's rolling, turning your body or going backward!
You are almost able to sit up by yourself. You can last a couple seconds before losing balance. But you catch yourself usually!
You love to stand up holding on to things. And you still love your jumper. You've really figured out the jumping. I swear I thought you would pop right out of there yesterday!
You 'talk' constantly! Your favorites are "gooo" "gaaa" "oooo" and you mimick "hi" and "yeah". You've started growling and grunting a lot! You have definitely learned to get your feelings across using your tone! It's so cute!
Your favorite toys right now are (of course) your jumper, a soft ball, the Fisher Price learning table (that I got for $5!!!!), 2 nursery rhyme animals, and a light up FP toy Granny had. You can really entertain yourself for longer periods of time now. For such a young age, you have a great attention span.
You still love being outside. It's your favorite thing. If you're fussy, all we have to do is walk outside and you smile! We've been taking early morning walks and the 3 of us always sit outside in the swing and play with Sophie each evening.
You love the water now. You even love the bathtub. You play and splash and smile. It's super cute!
We finally have a good bedtime routine and it has made such a difference. You take a bottle around 4 or 5, eat your baby food whenever we eat dinner, then nap. You take a bath around 7:00, take your last bottle around 7:30 or 8:00, play on your pallet for 15-20 minutes, we read 2 stories, then rock you to sleep. You go to bed between 8:00 and 9:00 each night and sleep 10-12 hours!
You're still sleeping in your pack-n-play in our room. You sleep so well, I hate to mess it up! Plus we really like you so close! Now your crib has been recalled so you would have to sleep in there anyway!
Your newest habit is waking up at 6am laughing and smiling, I put you in bed with us (me) and you talk for a few minutes then fall right back to sleep with me until 8:00 am! I love our naps and cuddle time!
You amaze me everyday with how much you're growing, changing and learning. I love seeing the world through your eyes! You're the best thing that ever happened to us!

No comments:
Post a Comment