The Life of a Little Diva

Thursday, July 1, 2010

6 month check-up

Today was Molly Grace's 6 month check-up. Our regular pediatrician was out of town so we saw the nurse practitioner in his building. She got a great check up. She didn't gain much weight and dropped from the 75th% to the 60th%, but she wasn't too concerned. The poor girl is grew a little taller, but is still in the 25th%! I don't know if she'll ever get any heighth! Her daddy and I are both pretty tall so I don't know where she got that! The best news is that her little head finally grew!!! She's been in the 5th% for her head size since day 1, but today she was in the 70th%!!! Her brain must have had a growth spurt! ha!

She's met all of her developmental milestones for her actual age except 1 which is really exciting! The NP said she looks perfect! She was a trooper when she got her shots, too. She took the oral one pretty well. She screamed when they gave her the ones in her legs, but as soon as I picked her up and loved on her she settled down. She passed out in the truck when we left and slept all the way through Target!

The NP said we could start feeding her baby food 2 times a day so we headed to get some more! We tried sweet potatoes yesterday and today and they made her belly hurt a little so tomorrow we'll move on to something else!

In other news, my sweet little baby sat up all by herself tonight! I was shocked, amazed, happy and a little sad! We had her on a blanket outside playing with her ball and dolls and she sat up straight as could be, started to topple over, caught herself and sat back up - more than once! I'm so proud of my little girl!

She's super fussy, clingy and worn out tonight. I think the shots took their toll on her! I gave in and gave her a dose of Tylenol and she finally settled (after crying then wimpering forever!) and fell asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment