The Life of a Little Diva

Sunday, March 21, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

My life is pretty much consumed by all things baby these days (and I wouldn't have it any other way!). Being pregnant with my first child, I was so excited and overwhelmed as I looked at all the 'stuff' available for baby. Being the OCD, information freak I am, I researched for months! I made list after list of things we HAD to have, things I would like to have, things that were neat... you get the point!

My LO decided to come 7 weeks early, so there was no time for the baby showers that were planned, we ended up rushing out after she was here to get several things and there was no time to refer back to my lists! So, I ended up with lots of stuff. Some stuff I use daily and some is sitting untouched. We've ordered and bought some things here and there as we get to know MG better and find out what she needs and likes, too!

Here are a few of my favorite things...

American Red Cross Soothing Scale


I love, love, love this!! We ordered this scale when we were concerned about her gaining weight. I'm too OCD to wait for her appt. every 2 months to find out! ha! It's so fun to see how she's growing every week - or anytime we want! I love the contoured shape, she lays so comfortably. It plays music which she loves and it's so easy to read! I recommend this to any mom!

Wub-a-Nub Pacifier


I saw these on another blog when I was making my list early on. I really wanted one, but there is nowhere in AR that sells them and I never got around to ordering one before she came. The hospital that I delivered at in Memphis just happened to have them in their gift shop, but they were so expensive and I couldn't see paying that much for a pacifier. On the day we were pretty sure MG was finally being discharged, Jamey and I went down to the cafe in the hospital to eat lunch while we waited for the dr. to round. While we were eating, the nurse called and said we were going home! We stopped in the gift shop on our way up to get her and bought her the green frog Wub-a-Nub. I am so glad we did. It's the only pacifier she will keep in her mouth. We have the same kind of pacis just without the frog attached, but she loves the frog! She will wrap her little arms around it, or hold onto it with her hands. It stays in her mouth better and she can get it back in easier! I love it and am actually looking online to order another today!

Graco Little Hoot



We have the Graco Little Hoot Pack-N-Play. I'm not so crazy about the PNP itself, I have my issues with it! But the owl mobile has saved us many times! She loves it! We use the changing pad attached to change her at night and one night while she was fussing I turned the owls on and she smiled. From then on, we turned it on every time we changed her and she would laugh and grin! Sometimes when she's fussy during the day I put her boppy pillow in the PNP and turn on the owls and she instantly stops crying and smiles! I don't know what it is about those owls, but she has a deep love for them! She's not anywhere near as crazy about her pink, girly mobile on her crib!

Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper


When we first discovered she had reflux, she was only a few weeks old and we were miserable and desperate for a solution - especially for sleeping. She would throw up at night and I was terrified she would choke, plus laying flat on her back was just not an option. Someone on my birthboard posted about this sleeper, I researched it a little and ordered it that day! As soon as it was delivered, I put it together and put her in it. She loves it! She slept in it for several weeks until we finally started putting her on her belly. She went from squirming and sleeping 30 minutes at a time to an hour or 2 in this sleeper! Even though she doesn't sleep in it at night anymore, we still use it during the day to nap in or just to let her chill. I attached the much-loved owl mobile to the side and now she's in heaven!

Diaper Genie II Elite


I wasn't really sure how much I would use one of these, I mean we have a trash can and walmart bags. Do you really need a special can for diapers?! Ha! I found out very quickly how much I love this! The 1st grade teachers where I work got me this for my shower gift and I love it!

Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Play Gym



This is super cute, plays great songs and sounds, it's soft and she loves it! This fills up lots of play time during the day!

Dr. Brown Bottles


These are a pain to wash and put together, but we tried every other bottle out there and these are the best!

Medela Pump In Style Advance


This pump is awesome! I probably would have given up pumping a long time ago if it weren't so great! It is better than the one I used in the hospital - and that says a lot!

Snappie Containers


The NICU would give us bags of these at a time to pump into while MG was there. I love them! We ended up coming home with several bags, too. I'm still using them. They are so handy when we are going to be gone for the day. I put 2oz of water in one, a scoop of formula in another and drop them in her bag. When she gets hungry, I can combine the 2, snap the lid, shake it up and she's ready to eat! I'm going to be really sad when I finall run out!

Wrap


I don't have the Moby (although I really want one!), I just bought a piece of material the same size and it works just as well. I got really lucky and actually found the piece of fabric for $2 rather than the $40 for the real thing! This is a must for a colicky or really needy baby. When she's really fussy in the evenings, I put her in it and she's out like a light. Plus I can still do whatever needs to be done with both hands free! I've washed bottles with her in it, gone outside and played with the dog, done laundry...it's so nice! And she's near me hearing my heartbeat which is really comforting for all babies, but especially preemies.

I feel like I've just written a book, so I guess I stop! I think tomorrow will be the 'A Few of my Not-So-Favorite Things"!

No comments:

Post a Comment