The Life of a Little Diva

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dear Sleep...

Do you remember me? I know it's been awhile since we spent any time together! Oh how I miss you! If it's not too much trouble, do you mind paying a little visit to Molly Grace? She really needs some quality time with you at night - maybe for at least 6 hours at a time?! Thanks!

Haha! So needless to say, my sweet little princess still does not sleep through the night. Or sleep much at all at night! I'm not sure how she can be a night-owl and a morning person! I've never seen someone so little fight sleep so hard. I think the diva in her is afraid she'll miss something! I finally gave in this morning about 5:30 and put her in bed next to me. I swore I would never start that, but it got us through some long nights in the beginning and at this point, I didn't care what the consequences for the future were, I needed sleep! And guess what - the instant (and I mean the very second) I picked her up and layed her in my arms, she conked out. No noises, no movement, no fighting sleep she passed out! So from 5:30 am - 8:30 am she slept next to me and we were both happy!



In other sleep news, Molly Grace took her first nap in her crib today! She's been sleeping in our room since she came home from the NICU. She was so tiny and I was so afraid of apneas and bradycardias and reflux...that it was just easier to put her next to our bed. I've been thinking of putting her in her own room soon, but it terrifies me! So I'm starting slowly and I let her nap in there today. She slept for an entire hour this morning and looked so little in that big ole' bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment