The Life of a Little Diva

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Charities

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Over at "Kelly's Corner" blog, she does a weekly Show Us Your Life post. I've never participated before, but this week's theme is Favorite Charities. I like this theme so I thought I'd give it a shot!

First off, I am an active member in our local chapter of Circle of Friends. We have different fundraisers and events to raise money for Arkansas Children's Hospital. It's a really great group of women and a really great cause.



I am hoping to become more active in our local chapter of March of Dimes. I was a member a few years ago, but as life got more hectic, I let that commitment slide. After having a preemie myself, I feel really led to become more active. March of Dimes is a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising prematurity awareness and overall infant health. It's a great cause and one very close to my heart!



Molly Grace was born at 33 weeks. I was transported by ambulance to Memphis, TN to deliver in a hospital with an NICU capable of helping her with any complications that may arise from premature birth.



She weighed 5.4 lbs at birth, but got down to 4 lbs during her 2 week stay in NICU. She had a very high bilirubin and needed to learn to eat so she could grow!



We were very blessed that MG was born so healthy. I looked around that NICU many days and thanked the Lord that our situation was not more serious. We saw babies that weighed only 1 lb!

No comments:

Post a Comment