We spent the morning laying around in bed being lazy and watching Peter Pan. Then we got out for a little bit. Our first stop...looking for bday cakes! She was so excited and knew exactly what she wanted (totally not practical, but she knew what she wanted!). I think she misunderstood a little, though, because she was NOT a happy camper when we left without a cake! In her little mind, we were there to bring a cake home with us right then! A little bribery goes a long way in parenting, though, and she was a happy camper by the time we got to the car!
Stop #2 was a lunch date, just me and her. We pick up food and eat at home together all the time, but she and I have very rarely gone out to eat just the 2 of us. Until recently that just wasn't realistic! It was so nice, though. We went to Subway. She told me exactly what she wanted then sat at the table by me like the big girl she is and we had a really nice lunch.
Stop #3 was a little pampering. MG was long over due for a haircut! She was such a big girl! Granted, I did bribe her with the promise of a really big sucker if she was good, but that's not the point! Ha! She sat up in that chair, let Ms. Brandi put the cape on her and got her little haircut. Not a single tear or whine. She very sweetly asked if I would hold her hand, so I did. I stood beside the chair and we held hands while she got a haircut. That's such a simple little pleasure!
Stop #4 was home for a much needed nap! Since it was our day, I rocked her an extra long time! She fell right asleep, but I just kept rocking and enjoying holding her in my arms. I think I must have rocked for about 45 minutes! Seeing what a big girl she was all day just made me want to hold her a little tighter a little longer!
Once Jamey got home our Girls Day turned into Family Time...the only thing that's just as much fun as Girl Time!
We went to my favorite restaurant, Fuji! Jamey and MG had never been there. My sister and family met us there, too. They cook your food right in front of you. MG was a little freaked out by the huge flames at first, but she loved the food as much as I do! We told them it was her bday so they sang and brought her a cupcake!
We left there and went to Walmart to get a few things. We let her spend her gift card from Grandma while we were there. She picked out the Princess Candyland game - I totally wanted her to have that!! I was really excited that she wanted it too! Reason #3,254 it's fun to have a girl...you get to play girly versions of popular games! Ha!
No fun day (or any day for MG) is complete without a HOT bath, so that's where she went first when we got home. Then we played a fun game of Candyland, watched Angelina Ballerina and rocked some more.
The BEST part of the day??? As we were rocking, she sat up and said "Momma, let's pray". Brought me to tears! I may make mistakes, but the fact that my child thinks to pray tells me that I am doing something right. She says the sweetest prayers! She stopped in the middle and said "what comes now?". Ha! I just love that little girl! I'm so thankful for this time with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment