This year, I finally got to experience the Elf on the Shelf...totally not how I pictured it! Ha! Once again, my little one with a mind of her own didn't react exactly how I had imagined.
The first morning our elf showed up, she was sitting in our tree and had left a note for MG and the book. We read the note and the book together then we named our elf Minnie. She was a little into that day. If she did something good she'd say "tell Minnie Momma!". And if she did something not so good, I could threaten to tell Minnie. The next few days, she still went along with it. Then she had her surgery and we kind of forgot about Minnie.
Last week, we woke up and found Minnie having a tea party with her princesses. MG did not like that! Poor Minnie was flung across the floor while MG told me to "get her outta here"! She doesn't really want her anywhere except sitting in our tree.
This morning we woke up and Minnie was sitting in MG's room on her tree. She had thrown all the ornaments on the floor and hung panties and socks on the tree. She was a little into it this morning. I had to point out that she wasn't on our tree, but she was all about looking for her. She thought it was pretty funny when she first saw her panties on the tree, but she was ready to put them back pretty quick!
We'll see how the next few days go with Minnie. We may try it again next year and see if it goes a little better! She's more into Baby Jesus and I'm so 100% ok with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment