The Life of a Little Diva

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Through Her Eyes

This has, by far, been the best Christmas ever. And it's only Christmas Eve! I cannot even begin to express the joy and pure happiness being MG's momma brings me. Watching her tonight was almost more than I could handle! She is so full of life and energy. She is happiness, she is laughter and she is the magic of Christmas. Every single year with her (even the year she was in my belly) has been amazing. But this year tops them all! She has been so much fun. She loves every present and is so thankful. We've had a wonderful day.

We've kind of made it our tradition to let her open gifts throughout the day on Christmas Eve. She gets to open one, then gets to play with it for awhile before opening another. I really love doing it this way. It fills our whole day with her smiles and cheers! Hearing her squeal with excitement and say thank you was made my heart want to burst! She had the best time. MG is so energetic and fun these days anyway, but opening gifts definitely brings it out in tenfold!

After our day together, we headed to my parents for our annual Christmas Eve dinner and gifts. I LOVE Christmas Eve at my parents house. It's my very favorite day of the year. We have done the same thing for...I don't even know how many years! It IS Christmas to me! Family, together, laughing, loving...yep, pretty fabulous!

MG was in rare form over there tonight. She sang, she flipped, she ran, she totally put on a performance! But at the end of the night, she told us the story of Jesus' birth and told us that it was Jesus' birthday tomorrow...and that's the best gift.

I love hearing MG tell the Christmas story. She told us how Mary rode a camel and there was no room for them so they went to the barn and Baby Jesus was born. The wise men saw a biiiig star and followed it to see Baby Jesus. And they brought his surprises! I love the shopping and gifts, cookies and ornaments, but the one thing I want my baby girl to know is the real meaning of Christmas. I hope she always knows what a special story that is. I hope that story stays in her heart.

After coming home, I really thought she would crash, but she had to open her last gift from us...then she had to play with it "just for a minute"!

As I rocked MG tonight and tucked her into bed, the only thing I could really think of was how blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment