The Life of a Little Diva

Monday, February 6, 2012

Over the Sickness...Finally!

MG has been fighting an ear infection in her left ear for 4 weeks now - even after her 2nd set of tubes. It has been draining (and smelly) for the entire 4 weeks. We've done Ciprodex drops and an antibiotic and just assumed it was over, but last week it just kept on draining (and smelling) and Friday she started pulling at it and crying. Mom brought her up to school for our nurse to look at it (what an awesome perk to my job!) and it was grossly infected. She let me look in there and all you could see was bubbling, couldn't even see the tube. We called the ENT and they said if there's any kind of draining and especially if it smells, then there's an infection. He called her in some different drops and Sulfameth (Bactrim), an antibiotic that's pretty strong that she's never had before. We go see the ENT for a checkup a week from today - praying for GOOD news!

We picked up her medicine Friday night on our way out of town. We'd been planning on driving up to J's parents' and since she had meds and acted fine, we didn't change our plans. We picked up Sonic on the way and she was perfect the entire time. When we got there, she played, took a bath and went to bed. Everything was fine...until 2am when she sat up and puked all over both of us...then puked again...and again! She was burning up with fever and miserable. She slept fine the rest of the night, but was pitiful in the morning so we headed home pretty quick. The only thing we could get her to eat was a banana before we left. She slept the entire way home, until we hit Bono...and she puked...and puked again! We had to just keep driving and get home because there was no cleaning it up!

She ran fever and slept all day Saturday and Sunday. Today her fever's gone and she's back to her self. She's still whiny and dramatic so she's not 100%, but she's way better.

I've never seen her so sick. I hated it. Her poor little eyes were dilated, bloodshot, yellow and glassy. I hope I never have to see her that pitiful again - but I know I will.

Our biggest problem now is that her poor little bottom is covered in the worse diaper rash I've ever seen. It doesn't seem to bother her at all, but it looks horrible. We've been so blessed that she's never had diaper rash issues so I'm not really even sure how bad hers is, but it looks bad to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment