We paid a visit to "Sick Call" at our pediatrician's office this morning. One of us cried...and it wasn't MG! She's had this nasty, croupy cough; snotty nose; and high fever. Last night she started pulling at her ear saying "ear huht". She looked in her ear and said it was just "awful". Yeah, we hear that word a lot when it comes to her poor ears! The surprising part came when she looked in her throat and said "oh no!". She hasn't been eating or drinking much and now we know why. Her throat was read and infected, too. That's when I had to bite my lip to keep from breaking down in tears! Her lungs were pretty clear, but she has a tiny touch of the croup - just based on her cough and breathing. We're hoping, praying and crossing our fingers that the next 10 days of antibiotics can just get her through and keep her healthy until her tube surgery on the 5th. If she has a fever, her ears aren't clear or her lungs aren't clear, they'll postpone the surgery. Which is the last thing we need!
I know that I am 100% blessed and lucky that my child doesn't have cancer or some other awful disease. But at the same time, it's so frustrating to see your child sick so often. I'm so tired of hearing the word "awful" to describe her ears! Just once I want someone to look in there and say, looks great! I hate having to keep her little body on antibiotics all the time. I can't even count how many antibiotics she's had just so far in 2012, much less how many she's had in her little lifetime. By the time she's 12, she'll be immuned to every one of them - like her momma!
The silver lining to this is that MG and I got to have a lazy day at home! When we got home from the dr and picking up her medicine, I asked if she wanted to lay on her couch or sit in daddy's chair and watch Dora. Her answer..."Momma's bed". That's how I knew she felt bad! We laid in my bed snuggled up watching tv, she ate lunch in bed, then we turned the tv off and she went right to sleep...for 4 hours!
She woke up feeling better - but super clingy and cranky. She did finally eat, though. I made chicken and dumplings hoping they'd feel good on her throat. We laughed all through dinner because she was hunkered over her bowl shoveling spoonfuls into her mouth! Then she turned the bowl up and drank the rest! That never happens - usually we have to bribe and play games to get her to eat!
I'm hoping she wakes up tomorrow feeling better. I have to go back to work tomorrow and it's so hard to leave her when she doesn't feel good!
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment