The Life of a Little Diva

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tubes again...seriously?!

Yep...seriously! MG had her follow-up at the ENT today since she finished her antibiotic. Honestly, I expected to go in and hear that everything was great and walk out with a smile! Yeah, not so much! Evidently, the tube in her left ear tube was pushed out by the major infection she had. It's sitting in her ear canal just floating around. She JUST had tubes not even 3 months ago!! WTHeck?! He is going to put titanium tubes in this time. They have a better grip and are supposed to stay in longer. Fingers crossed!

I asked him when she should start outgrowing this. I expected him to say around 3...Ok, I HOPED he'd say around 3! Nope, evidently, kids hit the peaks at either 2 or 5. We obviously missed the 2 year old peak, so we just have to hold on another 3 years! Can't wait!

On the plus side, she was the best little girl while we were there! She played in the waiting room, followed the nurse back to the room, talked to the nurse and doctor, sat in the chair like a big girl and let the dr. check her ears, colored while we waited...then acted like a little monkey while I checked out! ha! I guess she held it in as long as she could!

No comments:

Post a Comment