The Life of a Little Diva

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our Tuesday

I'm loving everyone else's daily play-by-play so I thought I'd do another Day in the Life of Molly Grace post today! It's summer break and we're home together all day so sometimes we have to be really creative to find things to entertain us!

7:30 - I woke up and it was so dark and stormy and MG was still out like a light so I went back to snoozing, too!

9:00 - I woke up to the sweetest little voice talking over the monitor. When I went in to get her out of bed, she jumped up and started gathering her things! We always have to bring a blanket or 2 and at least 1 of her dolls from bed. I fixed MG some oatmeal - her favorite - and she ate it while watching Barney - her new favorite!

After breakfast there was oatmeal everywhere - in her hair, on her face, all over her belly and down both legs! So off to the tub we went. Bathtime is Molly Grace's favorite part of the day! She filled her bucket and poured it on her belly at least 50 times! She washed her own belly off!

We played in the living room for an hour or so. We didn't do anything special - just hanging out! Then I jumped in the shower while she entertained herself (I love that about this age!). She sat up on the bed with me while I did my makeup. She loves my makeup and gets so excited everytime I pull it out! She loves the brushes.

When we were both dressed and beautiful we headed out to meet Jamey for lunch. That's my favorite part of being off for summer. We drive over and meet him for lunch at least once a week.

We picked Jamey up and headed to McDonalds. We got a big corner booth so MG could have a little space. She didn't even need a highchair. She sat on the seat, and ate from the table. I couldn't believe how big she looked sitting there! She loved her ketchup! She ate an entire cup full and we both had it all over us!

After dropping Jamey back off at work, we headed back to town. I used Jamey's hair clippers on the dog last week so we had to run to Target to get him some new ones! As soon as we walked in the doors, MG took off running toward the play area. It wasn't too crowded so we stayed and played awhile. There was another little girl her age and they played so well together. MG must have went down the slide 20 times! She would climb up all by herself. If another kid was up there already or in her way, she kept pushing them and saying "GO! GO!". I think we might need to work on patience.

When she was done playing, she took off running barefoot out of the play area towards the little rides. I wrangled her up, held her down and put her shoes on, then she rode in the ice cream truck. When it was over, she refused to get out! When I got her out, she went into wet noodle mode and fell on the floor having a fit! I love those public fits. Sometimes I just have to laugh. I picked up my screaming little diva and headed to Target. We got what we needed and headed out.

I had a tired, cranky little girl at this point! She wouldn't let me put her down at all once we got home. I rocked her for a minute then layed her down in her bed and she was out. She slept almost 3 hours. She would be so mad if she knew I played "Just Dance" while she was asleep! Ha!

Right after MG woke up, her daddy came home. They played while I cooked dinner. We had cheesy potato soup, brocolli, and garlic biscuits...yum! MG ate it up! Luckily she's not too picky. Tonight was the first time she willingly ate brocolli, though. She couldn't shovel it in fast enough!

After dinner and cleanup, I went into the bedroom to plug my phone in and my little shadow followed me. Somehow from there we all 3 ended up laying in bed! We tickled, laughed, wrestled and played many rounds of Peek-A-Boo! When MG is done, she's done! She got down off the bed, went in the living room and found her shoes! So we went outside to play. It was so nice that we ended up staying later than we meant to.

At 8pm we came in, got jammies on and she climbed up in her daddy's lap to drink her milk. They had a little cuddle time before we took her to bed and tucked her in. She gave up loud, dramatic good night kisses and made up kiss her palms (which we have to do everynight before bed). Jamey laid her down and we haven't heard a peep since.

I love how easy she is these days. And she's such good company. She's a little person!

No comments:

Post a Comment