I love weekends! Even when I'm out of school and home everyday for the summer, I love weekends! I like that Jamey's home with us (not just because he can help me out with our wild child! Ha!) and we get to do some family things.
Friday evening was so nice so we decided to tackle cleaning out our garage. We've been stacking stuff in there for a yard sale for the past year! And we haven't put anything up in the attic that MG has outgrown so all her baby stuff was still sitting out there. We sorted, trashed and stocked the attic! MG stayed up later than usual "helping" us outside. Every toy that I would put in the attic or yard sale pile would somehow make it's way back out! It was like Christmas for her getting to play with all the toys she hasn't seen in awhile! Once we finally came in and were settling her down for bed, her Mamaw and Papaw stopped by for a quick visit. They were on their way back from vacation and couldn't stand passing through without stopping for hugs and kisses! Once she finally got in bed, she was out! Until we got ready to go to bed and went in to cover her and say goodnight (which we do every night). As soon as I covered her, she popped up and held her arms out. We tried leaving her and getting her to go back to sleep, but there was no hope! She ended up in our bed. I woke up sometime in the early morning and we were in the shape of an H in bed! She was horizontal in the middle of the bed between us passed out! Lucky for me I got her head and Jamey got her kicking feet!
Saturday morning we were lazy in bed! Jamey and MG got up and went to get some breakfast to bring home since we had nothing! After breakfast, we did NOTHING all day long! At 3pm we were all still in our jammies laying around. We all dozed off and took a few catnaps here and there throughout the day - it was awesome! We did finally get out and run to Hastings. I owed Jamey a Wii game for his bday and we finally found it. He can now sit in his recliner and "hunt"! Ha! We stopped on the way home to pick up some rolls and ended up just grocery shopping. We grilled out steaks for dinner and they were so good. MG got to play out back while we got ready. We all passed out shortly after dinner! Lazy days make me tired!
MG was an angel and slept until 8:30 this morning! Yay! She actually got up earlier, I'm sure, but she's so good to play in her crib. She never cries. I wouldn't have even known she was awake if she hadn't started talking to herself! It's still so strange and wonderful to wake up to a little voice talking! I love it! We let Jamey sleep as long as we could, but finally MG had to go wake him up! She loves getting to wake him up, she thinks it's so funny. After breakfast we did a whole lot of nothing again - and had a great time doing it! We played "Little People" for a long time and watched some Strawberry Shortcake. After lunch we ran to Home Depot and bought stuff to build MG a sandbox. After her nap we all went out. While Jamey built the sandbox, MG had a ball playing in water. I filled up a plastic tub and gave her a watering can and she watered everything she could find, including me and herself! Once Jamey got her sandbox finished, she was in heaven! She had the best time. She danced and twirled in it. She threw a bunch of sand, ate a little, too! She layed down and "sunbathed" a little! We're so lucky to have a Daddy and husband who's willing to do just about anything to make us smile! We're 2 lucky girls! There was a heck of a fit thrown when it was time to go in! It took me a good 20 minutes to get all the sand out of her hair and everywhere else!
She's in bed now and we're watching a movie. Another good weekend, for sure! Next week is Jamey's vacation and we're so excited!
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment