Molly Grace has had her first real stomach virus. My poor girl is miserable! It all started yesterday. She's been out of sorts most of the week - cranky, clingy, etc so I knew something was up! Yesterday it all started with some loose diapers. At 3am this morning she woke up crying and when I went to get her she was on fire. Her skin was so hot, it was uncomfortable to hold her. Her temp was 103.3. We gave her Motrin and put her in bed with us. She tossed, turned, moaned and groaned for a couple hours then finally settled down. I stayed home with her today so I could keep an eye on her and I knew she would rest better at home. She slept in until 9:15 - which was a first! Went back to sleep from 10:30-12:00. Then went back to sleep from 2:30-5:30 and went to bed at 8:00! I'm hoping she's catching up on some much needed rest. She wouldn't eat anything all day and refused to drink. I finally got her to eat a little Jello and she ate a little banana for supper. She took about half of a Pedialyte popsicle, but wasn't really interested in eating anything! I think she's finally on the downhill slope, though. Her temp. is finally down to 101.7 tonight and she hasn't had an explosion in a few hours!
I can't complain at all about her being sick. We've been so blessed to have such a healthy 1st year. Other than her string of ear infections and getting tubes, she's been perfectly healthy. There could have been so many health issues stemming from her being a preemie, but the Lord has surely blessed us!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment