The Life of a Little Diva

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lead Me...

I love this new song by Sanctus Real. It's words are so powerful and really speak to my heart about parenthood. The message has never been more real to me, though, than it was tonight...

"So Father, give me the strength
To be everything I am called to be
Oh, Father, show me the way
To lead them
Won't you lead me?

To lead them with strong hands
To stand up when they can't
Don't want to leave them hungry for love
Chasing dreams that I could give up"

I take my role as a mom very seriously. It's my most important "job" in life.

My sweet little girl is officially a walker now! She's been hesitantly taking a few steps the past few weeks. It started with 1 or 2. Then for a week or so she would take 3 to 4. She's worked up to taking several now. The sweetest part of it is that she'll reach out to hold my hand before she'll walk on. She needs my hand to steady her, to balance, to lead her. I know it's such a simple gesture, but it has such a deeper meaning. Yes, she needs me to hold her hand so she can walk a little better and to help her until she builds up that confidence. But she also needs my hand to support her, to steady her, to guide her...I could go on and on.

It's my job to lead by example. I pray that I can show her how to be a strong, independent woman who isn't afraid to be vulnerable and humble. I pray that I can be an example of a Godly woman. I want to show my daughter how to love Jesus with all her heart. I want to show her how to be a good wife and a good mommy. I hope she learns from me how to be a good friend, a good sister, a good employee and a child of God.

For now, I will relish in the moments that she wants to hold my hand. I will lead her around the living room as many times as she wants until she feels confident enough to let go. Then I will hold her hand from afar. I hope she can always feel my hand in hers, because it will always be there! Just like she will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment