Today was MG's 9 month check-up. She got a really good report!
Weight: 19.7 lbs - 65%
Height: 27" - 25% (her ped called her a shorty! ha!)
Head: 16 1/2 - 50%
He was pleased with her growth and said she obviously wasn't missing any meals! She's right on track developmentally. She's still a little behind in her fine motor skills, but we knew that and we're working on it!
Her ears looked good. He said she had some terrible, hard wax build-up which was probably making her ears a little sore. He was afraid to get it out because it was so hard it would probably make her ears bleed. :-( So our homework is to splash water in her ears every night at bathtime. Here I've been trying to keep water OUT of her ears!
She's really snotty and stuffy again. He said it's probably just a cold/sinuses/allergies. Her strawberry hasn't really grown in a couple months, so he doesn't think it will get any/much bigger.
Poor MG was in a pretty good mood other than being miserable! She was fine in the waiting room, but as soon as we stepped into the exam room she started whining and crying! She loved playing with the paper on the table, though. She made a really good mess of it! She also love playing with the stethescope. The poor doctor had to pry her hands off it! He said "you sure are a strong one!"! Yeah, she is!
I promised the poor girl there would be no shots - but she ended up getting her flu shot today! She took it pretty well. She screamed and carried on for awhile, but got over it pretty quick. It was mostly a dramatic display! ha!
Last night was a loooong night at our house. MG screamed and cried until 10:30. She was miserable and didn't want to go to sleep. She can't fall asleep without sucking her fingers and she can't breathe right now if she sucks them! It's such a tough decision - breathe or suck! We tried the whole "cry it out" method, but she screamed and screamed until I was afraid she'd make herself sick. Finally, at 10:30 she let me rock her to sleep. I could hear the poor thing snoring and snotting over the intercom all night long!
She's not the only snotty one! I know how miserable she is because I feel the same way! She and I are taking a day off together tomorrow. Neither one of us feels like going to school so we're going to have a lazy, sick day at home! I can't wait!
I've been horrible about posting pictures. One of these days I'll get caught up!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment