The last few weeks have been some loong nights at our house. We tried everything...rocking her, putting her in bed with us, changing her, blankets, dolls, music, different night light...I mean everything! And none of it worked. MG was still waking up every hour or so. Monday night she cried until 1:00 am then slept until 5:00 am. I was exhausted and knew we had to do something.
I am absolutely NOT a fan of letting a baby "cry it out". I don't have the heart for it. When my baby cries, I want to hold her, rock her, love on her and let her know I'm there. But we knew something had to be done. She was exhausted, but only wanted to sleep on me. Last night we decided to try a modified CIO method. One that we were both OK with and didn't leave MG in there all by herself crying herself to sleep. We didn't rock her to sleep like we've always done. We gave her a bottle, rocked and loved her until she was drowsy and laid her down awake. She got right back and up cried. We picked her up, kissed her and comforted her, then layed her right back down and patted her then left the room. We let her cry for 5 minutes the first time before I went in, comforted her and laid her back down and patted. For the next hour we went in every few minutes when she was crying, laid her down and patted her. Finally, at 8:00, I patted her a minute and she fell asleep and slept until 5 am! I'm so glad we stuck with it. She was in a really good mood today!
Tonight went like a dream. Seriously! We gave her a bath and bottle. Her daddy loved on her, then I loved on her and laid her down. She cried and I patted her until she calmed down. I left the room and she got up and cried again. I gave her a few minutes, went in and calmed her and patted. She closed her eyes and went to sleep. That was an hour ago and we haven't heard anything else from her! I'm praying for a whole night of sleep!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment