The Life of a Little Diva

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Here We Go Again With The Ear Troubles

MG has an ear infection...again. Most likely it's MRSA...again. I am absolutely at my wits end. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful that it's not leukemia or something fatal that we're facing. I really am. BUT, I am so sick of this. My poor baby has been sick since a few months old. She hasn't been able to hear for 3 years. She can't talk plainly because she can't hear. She can't sleep because her ears hurt. She can't keep her fingers out of her ear because the MRSA makes it itch so badly. Her little ear lobe is raw and the skin is peeling off from a reaction to the drainage (we think) and from scratching it.

I am literally sick at my stomach over this. She's not a full month out of her last surgery and already another infection. I knew it was coming, I probably should've taken her in sooner. She's been digging at her ear for a couple weeks, but she never complained and it never drained. Until Sunday. I was rocking her Sunday and the smell was awful. We went in first thing Monday morning and sure enough, it's horribly infected. She cultured it and we'll know in a week if it actually is MRSA, but she was pretty positive it is. She's on a steroid for the inflammation (hello crazy, wild, steroid-hyped child!!), eye drops for her ears that are effective against MRSA and a cream for her poor outer ear.

Waiting is the worst. If it is MRSA, I feel like we're wasting precious time just waiting on results. Not that there's anything we can do, we have to wait, it takes time for the results. I know that, I just don't like it!

I have spent all day today googling, reading, asking and researching all I can on fighting MRSA naturally with essential oils. MRSA is caused by over-use of antibiotics. My poor child is the poster child for over-use of antibiotics! Her Walgreens prescription history is longer than mine! Seriously!

I have found several good routes to try. But researching was the easy part. The hard part comes with deciding what path to take. I'm so torn. Do I continue with doctors and their drugs? Do I take her to a larger children's hospital for their opinions? I mean the Lord gave man the knowledge to create these drugs for our benefit. He called people to be doctors to help. Or do I turn to the natural remedies from our Earth that God created? He made the plants and knew their healing powers. Grrrr...being a mom is so hard! I just want what is best for my child. I just want her well.

So what have I decided?? Here's what I decided to do...PRAY! I won't know the results until Friday at the earliest. So, I am going to continue with what the dr. prescribed until then and I'm going to pray. Every single day, every time I think of it (which is a lot!) I'm going to stop and pray for guidance. I will not take this into my own hands, I will listen and follow God's lead. I've learned from past experiences that taking things into my own hands does not work out too well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment