Friday, January 11, 2013
3 Year Check-Up
MG had her 3 year old well visit today. We saw the new pediatrician that is in the office and just loved her! Well, I loved her. MG doesn't really love anyone that isn't family! Ha!
She got a really good check-up. Everything is perfect! She is 3'3.75" (95th%) and weights 34 lbs (90th%). She's always been in the 90th% for height, but she really shot up in the weight percentile! I'm almost positive it's the first time she's been above the 50th%!
They took her blood pressure for the first time and it was great. Her ears are both clear and tubes are in (always nice to hear!). Temp was normal. Heart sounded good.
We are going to go to the hospital next week and get some blood drawn to see if she has a milk or soy allergy. I had been thinking for awhile maybe that was the cause of her ear infections. She seemed to think it was a pretty good chance. My plan was to cut all dairy and see if it worked! Her way is much easier!
Before we left they gave her a flu shot in her leg. She layed up there like a champ, but when they stuck that needle in, she screamed like I haven't hear her scream in a long time! She only cried a minute, though. Later on the way home she said (out of the blue), "I don't want them to get my leg again...cuz it hurts!" She was pretty mad at them!
We are going to start weaning her from sucking her fingers. The ped. didn't really have any good suggestions that I hadn't already thought of or read about. I think we're going to try the positive reinforcement way first. We're starting small. I made a Chuck E. Cheese picture with 8 squares in it. If we catch her not sucking them 8 times this weekend, she gets to go to Chuck E Cheese. Eventually I guess I will move to a sticker each day. That may take awhile, though. I don't see this going well at all! Molly Grace does what Molly Grace wants...and she wants to suck those fingers! ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment