The Life of a Little Diva

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

Happy New Year! We spent a fabulous night at home - just where I wanted to be. We cooked burgers, watching movies, played Princess Memory, made stuff with play-doh, had balloon fights and laughed...a lot! I'm pretty sure it was my favorite New Years ever! My kid is so much fun. And thanks to the steroid she's on, she was able to stay up all night! We did all finally crash at 11:30. I still can't believe we got so close and didn't push through until midnight, but this momma was tired!

2012 was a good year. I got to be MG's mom and Jamey's wife...what more could I want? We took several small trips as a family. Spent lots of weekends at the lake. My baby turned into a little girl. We stayed in the same house and jobs are completely OK with that! We lost our sweet Cooper, but gained our psychotic and cute Daisy. We found our church home and the most amazing Life Group. MG learned to pray and started loving Sunday School and asking to go to church. Nothing spectacular, but still fabulous in my eyes!

So what do I want for 2013?

I want to be healthier. I want to start eating better and taking care of this body that the Lord has blessed me with. He gave me a healthy body and I have abused it. I will eat better and exercise. I won't diet - I will become healthy. My goal is not to be skinny, it's to feel good.

I want to be more patient. It's no secret that I'm not the most patient person. I tend to lose my temper pretty easily. I can't change it on my own, but I can commit to pray about it and let God change my heart.

I want to spend more quiet time praying and reading my Bible. My relationship with Christ hasn't been first in my life. But in 2013 it will be. And I know that because of that, I will be a better wife, mother, teacher and person.

I will be a better wife. I will be more supportive and loving. I will pray for my husband and pray for my marriage. It's so hard for me not to put MG first. But this year I will make more time for dates, I will hold my sweet husband's hand more often, I will put away the computer and talk to him and listen more. I will be who he needs me to be.

Basically, I am re-prioritizing my life. #1 God #2 Marriage #3 MG #4 Everything else

Happy New Year from the Princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment