We were up bright (well actually it was still dark!) and early this morning, headed to the Outpatient Surgery Center to get new tubes. I love that it's done outpatient and we don't even have to go to the hospital. It's so nice to be in and out so quick. We checked in and only had to wait a few minutes before she was called back. She was still half asleep so she sat and loved on her daddy until we went back. They gave her some princess juice and we got to giggle at her for a little while once she got goofy. She was singing "E-I-E-I-Oooooh!!" at the top of her lungs! She did fine until they came to get her. I was hoping she'd be out of it enough not to care, but she was not happy. She went down the hall crying and screaming "momma"...not what I wanted to happen!
She was out of surgery in 15 minutes or so. It was so quick. Her left ear was still infected (surprise!) so we have to do drops for a few days, but the tube went in just fine. The tube in her right ear was about 2/3 of the way out already, so he went ahead and replaced it with a titanium one like in the left. Hopefully...fingers crossed...this is the last set we'll have to get!
She came out of the anesthesia much easier this time than any of the other times. She didn't cry or fuss - usually I hear her coming down the hall crying. I held her for awhile and she drank some juice then we got to go home. Since we are pros at this, they didn't make us stay that long or go through all the usual discharge stuff! I guess there's 1 plus to having to do this so many times!
She's been great since we've been home. She took two 2-hour naps, played outside a little, and even ate dinner outside. She's been happy and in a great mood.
Her request as I was rocking her tonight..."I wahn go the zoo, momma"! Looks like we'll be going back again soon!
Monday, March 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment