I've never spent more than a night (once!) away from MG since she was in NICU. And even then we saw her every 4 hours! I am finally home after 3 nights away from her, though, and I feel like my heart is finally happy!
I've been having some gullbladder issues and ended up back in the ER Thursday morning. I woke up around 2am with the worst attack I've ever had. My parents came over and Jamey took me to the ER, but we turned around and came home because I started feeling better. I headed to work, but by 9:30 I was half-dead! I was encouraged to leave. I decided to head straight to the ER, which tells how bad I felt! Jamey was at work, so my mom and MG met me there. They got me back pretty quickly and Jamey came up to get MG. So it was just me and mom - and we sat in that little ER room for 7 hours! If I've never said it before, I have to say it now, I have an amazing mom! She talked with me and took care of me - even at 30 we just need our mommas sometimes!
They did another U/S and I still had gullstones. But my liver enzymes were way up which meant that I had a stone lodged in the duct between the gullbladder and liver. They admitted me that evening. Friday am I had a procedure done where they put me to sleep and went through my throat to get the stone out. It was 5mm in size! Saturday morning I had my gullbladder removed and finally this morning I got to come home!
My parents took MG home with them. It was so nice not having to worry a single second about her. She was happy, loved and taken care of. Which made it so much easier for me to rest and heal.
We're all finally back home together now, though, and even though I'm in pain, I've never felt better! She cried for me to rock her tonight, so I wrapped a blanket around my middle and told her she'd have to be really still. It was so worth the pain! I needed to hold my sweet girl after 3 nights away!
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment