I'm always a day late! :-) Yesterday's "Show Us Your Life" topic over at Kelly's Korner was Baby Names. I loved thinking of names before we even starting thinking about babies!
We had such an easy time coming up with boy names. We were down to 2 boy names the day we went in for our ultrasound and about 100 girl names! I had so many girl names I loved, but couldn't talk Jamey into! Being a teacher, I had to rule out so many names because they brought back bad memories! ha!
MOLLY GRACE
I really wanted a little girl named Molly. It has no significance, I just love it. I think it's old and classic. I didn't want a trendy name at all. Jamey hated the name Molly, but I just kept with it! I guess he finally heard it enough that it sunk in! I also knew I wanted a double name. Maybe it's a southern thing, I don't know, but I love double names! We chose the name Grace because it was God's Grace that saw us through our struggles and brough us our miracle! So Molly Grace it was! And the minute I saw her, I knew the name fit her to a tee!
IF (and that's a big if!) we ever have another child, we are set on boy names. We have 2 we really love: Noah Edward or Jameson Edward. Edward is for my dad. He has 2 daughters so there's no one to carry on our last name. So this is our tribute! I love the name Noah, I think it's just precious. When I taught preschool I had a little boy with Down's Syndrome who's name was Noah. I loved that little boy! He was the sweetest thing and was very attached to me. I've loved that name ever since. I can picture a chubby, blonde-headed little boy named Noah! Jameson is another name I stole from a child at the preschool! My husband's name is Jamey, so it sounds like "Jamey's son"! I picture Jameson as a dark-headed, tall little boy like Jamey. So I guess we'll just see what he looks like and then decide!
If we have another girl, Lord help us! Maybe we should start thinking of names now!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My sister in law just had a baby and was dead set on a double name...Molly Kathryn is was! (Molly Kate)
ReplyDelete