I'm a day late as usual! I meant to post last night, but after such a wonderful day, MG had a terrible night!
Yesterday was my very first Mother's Day as a Mom! I can vividly remember the feelings of sadness, emptiness and frustration that I felt the past few years on Mother's Day. I waited 5 years to be able to celebrate Mother's Day as a mom! To me, it's the greatest day of the year. I worked so very hard, prayed so very long, and waited so very (im)patiently to have a child that there is nothing better than celebrating for an entire day! I have never been anything more important, hard, fulfilling, tiring, rewarding than being a mom! It is my very greatest accomplishment and blessing in life! There is no sweeter gift than Molly Grace. Her beauty, her innocence, her laughter and smile, they are all worth every tear and every disappointment that we went through for 3 years! I thank God for making me a mother every day!
I actually got a whole weekend instead of just a day thanks to my wonderful husband! Saturday morning he surprised me with the swing I had been wanting in the backyard. It was such a beautiful morning so we all sat outside for a long time. Sitting in that swing holding my precious baby girl, next to the love of my life was the most perfect moment! We spent the whole day together doing nothing - just like I wanted!
Sunday morning our church had their baby dedication. For 3 years, I cried every Mother's Day because people were up there dedicating their babies and I wanted a baby of my own more than anything. Well I finally got my moment! And what a moment it was! He blessed us so greatly when he gave us Molly Grace, it was a special moment to stand up there and dedicate her back to Him. I hope we can guide her and bring her up in a way that glorifies Him. Afterall, she is a miracle!


After church we went to my mom's for lunch. My mother-in-law was also in town so they joined us for lunch along with my sister and her family. It was nice to be with 3 such wonderful mother's! I love them all so much!
I'm still just amazed as I sit here and look at my child. Sometimes I can't believe she's really mine, she's really real! She's just so amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment