The Life of a Little Diva

Monday, April 1, 2013

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad (and still amazingly awesome)...Threes

You know the "Terrible Twos"? Well we are in the 3s and they are worse!! So much worse! Of course she's still amazing, silly, sweet, smart and the most wonderful blessing we've ever received, but wow! This season we're in is a tough one. Some days I wonder how we'll ever make it out alive! I feel like our day to day goal is to not lose it. We are in a constant power struggle. Being a hard-headed, strong-willed adult and raising a hard-headed, strong-willed 3 year old can be hard work! I'm always reminding her to be "my sweet Molly Grace". When I say that, she'll give me this fake, sugary sweet smile! Ha! She's something else.

I guess I should backtrack a little and catch up...

We made it almost 2 months without an ear infection! YAY! She just got over one. And it was a bad one. Luckily it didn't turn into MRSA, but it did come with a high fever and just a very sick little girl. We participated in a study at her ENT. She got all her office visits and medicine free of charge and we even get paid for each office visit we took her to. They approached us about participating because she was such a perfect candidate. Her yucky ears finally came in handy! Ha!

Spring Break came and went. That's when she was sick so we didn't do anything fun. But, the blessing was that I was able to be home with her the entire time she was sick. I didn't have to take her to my moms then wish I was with her all day! See, it's the little rays of sunshine you have to find! I got to spend 4 days snuggling and holding her.

The hair pulling issue surfaced again with the ear infection. It's pretty much gone again now that she's well. We're in the process of deciding if it's Trich. or Sensory Processing Disorder. Or if it's just something she'll outgrow. When she was 1 everyone told us not to worry. When she was 2 they told us she would grow out of it. Now that she's 3, I'm just not sure. I feel like it's time to be proactive. Even if it is something she will outgrow, I'd rather get her help she doesn't need than not get her help she does need.

She was screened for speech therapy last week. I have her evaluation conference this week. The therapist who did her screening said she is very intelligent. Her vocabulary and expressive language is on a 4-5 year old's level. Developmentally she was way above her age! Make a Momma proud to hear that! I'm mostly concerned about articulation with all her ear infections...we'll see what the experts say Thursday. Sometimes the downside to being a teacher is that you tend to over do it on the worrying about developmental delays!

MG is still princess-obsessed and very enthralled with getting married. Jamey and I have to get married in the living room several times a week! MG has told us over and over that she is going to marry Heath and she's going to kiss him! They are going to live with us and sleep in her room! My girl knows what she wants! Anytime she sees flowers she says she can use them when her and Heath get married.

TBall starts in 2 weeks! I can't wait to see how that turns out! I can see it going either direction...very good or very bad. There won't be an in-between! There never is. It's very black and white in our world these days. She will either have the time of her life or she will refuse to participate. She hates attention of any kind and can't stand the spotlight. My fear is that she will get up to bat and freeze up. I'm so afraid she's going to miss out of fun stuff because she's too shy. That breaks my heart for her.

Some fun things from MG's mouth lately:

"Thank you Mother Dear" "I so eh-sited" "What does that mean?" (leave it up to my kid not to just ask "why"!) "Are you happy, sad or mad?" "One time when I were a baby..." "Me and Daddy were in your belly" "Thank you berry much" "I love you berry berry much" "You are the best" "You are a good girl Momma" "Certainly" "I be done in 2 seconds" "Can I be nekkid?"

No comments:

Post a Comment