We had our first tball game tonight and it was great! MG freaked out a little at her first at bat. She got up there and hit the ball, but wouldn't run. So we went back to the dugout with her crying. But she decided right then that the next time she was going to run the bases - and she did!! She smacked that ball out of there and took off running! I had to run with her and got more exercise than I planned on, but that's OK!
The first time out on the field she took 3rd, but nothing came to her and she really just played in the dirt! She decided she wanted to hover around mid field with all the other girls, so we did! 2nd time on field she took 1st base and it was so fun for her! All the other little girls chased the ball and fought for it (which she wants NO part of!) then they threw it straight to her and only her (which is exactly what she wants!). She did great. She chased every ball thrown to her and threw it in to the coach (who happens to be Daddy!).
She was so proud of herself and her Daddy and I were so proud, too. Granny and Pap even came out to cheer her on and she loved that.
MG just spend 15 minutes giving her Mamaw a play-by-play of the game and it was hilarious! She told them about hitting it way far out there and getting a home run, running the bases and playing 1st. I love love love how proud she is of herself and how excited she is! It's just awesome!
My boss's little girl plays with us, too. As we were walking out she said "Beth I wish I had a camera when she hit that ball...the look on your face was pure pride...I would've taken your picture"! I felt pretty proud!!



No comments:
Post a Comment