The Life of a Little Diva

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

TBall

So we signed MG up for TBall...not sure what we were thinking! Ha! We've had 2 practices so far. #1 was a total bomb! Last night's practice was a little better. I'm pretty certain she is going to freak out at the games and not do anything, but that's OK! She's just like I was as a kid.

She LOVES playing tball. Her favorite is to hit the ball. Everyday when we get home she wants to play in the backyard. We have to get out the Tee, lay out the bases and play ball! She has the best time! But when we get to practices and there's people standing all around, she freezes up and doesn't want to do anything. It's that social anxiety getting the best of her - and I remember feeling the exact same way as a kid. That's why soccer became my thing, it was a team sport, all eyes were never on me alone.

The first practice was a nightmare! Jamey is coaching and I'm organizing everything so we were pretty busy. She didn't want to do anything. She spent 95% of the night sitting on the fence in timeout/calm down mode/throwing a huge temper tantrum! She did forget herself for a minute when all the other kids started running the bases and took off running with one of our friends from church whose little girl is playing, too. But when they got to 2nd base and Jamey was there, she fell down in a meltdown again.

Last night was 1000 times better! I was so proud of her. I totally sympathize with her shyness, but it also irritates me because looking back now I can see all the things I missed out on because I was so shy. I don't want that for her! But I'm trying really hard to just be patient and not push, but encourage. It's so hard!!!

Last night she stood out in the field (with me, of course) with her glove on and watched the other girls go after the ball. She started after it a couple times, but as soon as someone else headed that way she came right back to me. But she was pouting because nothing came to her! But it was a humongous step forward just for her to be out there with the other kids! When it was her time to bat, she put her helmet on and was so excited. But she wouldn't do anything when she got up there so I made her move and let another little girl go. She was so upset and cried like her heart was broke so I gave her another chance. But she still just acted silly and wouldn't hit the ball. But had a meltdown when I made her turn be over. I sent her over to the fence to calm down and she did. Next came time to run the bases. All the other little girls ran and laughed and had a wonderful time. MG made it to 1st base with me then stopped and pouted the entire rest of the time! I just let her be. But when Jamey and I went to take the bases up (because practice was over - and she was still just standing there) she went into meltdown mode again because she wanted to run them. GRRRR!!! She's so frustrating sometimes!

We stayed a little bit after and watched some older girls play a real ballgame while she ate her snack. Her friend from church, Piper, hung out, too. She was her happy little self!

Here she is happy and having fun before everyone else got there!

No comments:

Post a Comment