The Life of a Little Diva

Monday, December 26, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas

I love Christmas - it's my very favorite time of year. I love all the shopping, wrapping, decorating, cooking, giving and visiting. There is nothing that makes me happier! I feel so blessed this Christmas! We had a really great 2 days of celebrating!

We've decided that Christmas Eve Day will always be our little family's Christmas. We (well, Molly Grace) spent all day opening a gift then playing with it for awhile, then opening another. I love doing it that way. There's nothing rushed and we get to watch her enjoy each and every thing we get her! My favorite part is just being home with Jamey and MG and spending the day together. That's my favorite gift of all!

Christmas Eve was spent at my parents' house. MG was so fun this year. She really loved handing out presents. That was her favorite part, I think. She didn't even want to open hers at first because she wanted to keep giving them out! I hope my sweet girl is always so giving! I hope she always finds the joy in giving to others! We all ate too much, laughed a lot, and just enjoyed being together. MG got a lot of fun goodies - a Little People Zoo set, a keyboard, a karaoke machine, and a doctor kit. She was really into the microphone on her karaoke machine!

Christmas morning MG got to see what Santa brought - he was good to her this year! She got a new (bigger) play kitchen, dishes, a tea set, a doll bed, doll high chair, doll carrier, pieces to her dollhouse, a minnie mouse suitcase, some movies and I don't even know what else! I carried her out of the bedroom she just stared! I set her down and she grabbed my hand and said "c'mon Mama!". She cooked and served us tea all morning!

After lunch, we drove up to see Jamey's family. We got to eat some more good food, visit with some more awesome family and watch MG play with her other cousins. We had a really great time! There was a Tacky Christmas Sweater competition this year! I made Jamey's shirt myself and he tied for winner! Yay! There was some good competition! Ha! MG racked up again with the toys! I thought we were going to need a UHaul just to get home! Her aunt Wendy got her a set of Minnie Mouse pots and pans and Minnie jammies! We looked at the same pots and pans set back in November and didn't get them. I've been wishing I had! I think I was just as excited as MG when she opened them! Her and Eli had a really good time serving us all tea! She also got a pink race car set, a doll, some movies, a Minnie backpack and some other goodies!

We are finally back home, with nowhere to be and it feels great! MG and Jamey are both taking a much-needed nap and I get to sit here wondering where I'm going to put all of these toys! Ha! I think I'm going to do like we did last year and put half of them up to pull out throughout the year.

We had a truly happy and blessed Christmas. Seeing the smile on my baby's face and hearing her laughter was greater than any gift! She's so precious and I'm so thankful for her.

It's so easy to get caught up in everything that Christmas has become. But I always stop and think about the real reason behind our celebration. I'm so thankful that God sent his only son to be born on Christmas. I'm so thankful for Mary and Joseph and the sacrifices they made to bring baby Jesus into the world. I thought giving birth in a hospital was bad, I can only imagine being in a cold manger! What an amazing woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment