The Life of a Little Diva

Friday, December 30, 2011

Guess Who's 2!

I have a 2 year old...wow! That's so crazy to think about! People always say that time flies when you're having fun, but no one ever told me that time literally disappears when you're having fun raising a child! I can vividly remember seeing her for the first time 2 years ago, it seems like yesterday. I still remember her 1st birthday party like it was last week. How is it that all of a sudden she's 2?

I have enjoyed and loved every single moment so far, but I have to say that this is my absolute favorite stage/age so far. She's right in the middle of the terrible 2s and becoming her own little person, but I just love it! I love all the sass and personality she carries in that tiny little body of hers. I love that I can ask her questions and she actually answers! I love driving down the road and having a conversation with her or walking through a store and talking! It's awesome! She's such a bundle of energy, she literally goes and goes until she just crashes! If we didn't tell her it was bedtime, I'm pretty sure she'd dance and sing and play all night long!

We had a really great BIRTHday celebration all day! When I went to get her out of bed this morning, I walked in singing "Happy Birthday". She really loved that and just grinned! She's been all about singing "Happy Day" and blowing out the candles for the past month. We had yummy cinammon rolls for breakfast (and sang Happy Day again!) and watched cartoons. She got to take a long bubble bath and brush her teeth - her 2 favorite things! We drove over to meet Jamey for lunch. We got there a little early so we stopped at Walmart and she got to pick out a toy. She chose a Sleepy Time Dora doll. She was crazy about Dora's hair! We picked Jamey up then and went to eat at McDonalds. She fought sleep the whole way home! We took a nice long nap together and when we woke up, Jamey was on his way home! The 3 of us went to Chuck E. Cheese. MG got a special sticker and free tokens because it was her bday! She loved some Chuck E. Cheese! She spent all but 2 tokens (we had 22) riding the Merry Go Round and Barney! We left CEC and got some dinner at Shorty Smalls. She was in rare form at dinner. She was climbing us like a little monkey and dancing in the booth. But she was happy! We walked down to Build A Bear next. She'd never been before - we'd been saving it for her 2nd bday! She looked at all the animals and finally picked a really soft dog. She got to step on the peddle and watch him get stuffed and even kissed a heart and put inside. Then we gave him a bath, made him a birth certificate and picked him out a "Happy Birthday" shirt! We stopped off at the cookie place to pick up the cake for her party and got her a cookie. She was worn out by that time! Jamey carried her to the car! She opened her presents from us when we got home. She's so into opening presents, I hate that she won't get another chance for a whole year! After that she pretty much crashed! We rocked and sang (my very favorite part of every day!) and then she was out. She had a big day and we had to much fun! There is nothing better than seeing her laugh and smile! I love that she's such a happy girl. She's full of life and has so much fun - I hope she's always that way!

So...now that you're 2 Molly Grace, this is what you're up to:
*You love Barney, Dora and Minnie Mouse. One of those characters is always on our tv! You'll ask for them randomly through the day ("Baw" = Barney, "Door" = Dora, "Minnie" you can say perfectly).

*You are really into playing right now. You love your dollhouse and all the people. You also love to cook in your kitchen and serve us tea...lots and lots of tea!

*You are crazy crazy crazy about your baby doll. You've had it for over a year now. I bought it forever ago at Walgreens when you had a terrible ear infection. It was just a cheap little doll that I hoped would make you feel better! I had no idea you would become so attached to her. Her pink outfit it now dingy and gray! She has black smudges on her head and feet. Her head is pretty close to falling off and her stuffing has no fluff left in it! That doll has been loved like crazy. She HAS to go to bed with you every night and you love to wrap her up and carry her around. For Christmas you got a high-chair and carrier and you love to feed her and put her down to sleep! You'll kiss her and pat her - you're a good little mommy!

*You love "Blay-ley" (blankey). Blay-ley has to go just about everywhere that baby goes and it's starting to show it's wear, too! My favorite part about Blay-ley is that it's my blankie that Grandma made me when I was a baby! I carried it around for years and now you do, too! It's so special! Blay-ley is the only cover you'll let us put on you at night. We have to wait until you're asleep and come in and cover you with more!

*You're very much a little "mother". You like to take care of everyone and tell everyone what to do! You love to let Cooper and Bandit in and out - even when they don't want to! You love to feed them, and help them eat! You really love to tell them "NO!"

*You take your little stool everywhere and love to help. You help me put clothes in the washer and dryer. You like to wipe things with a towel and wash dishes. You love to stir when I cook. I love having a little helper! You also love to turn the lights off and on while standing on your stool - that drives me nuts! But it makes you so happy!

*You can say just about anything you want to and repeat everything! I'm pretty sure we have years of speech ahead of us, but I just love the way you say things! I've become very fluent in your language! My favorite is "nuh-yew mama" (love you mama) and "nigh-nigh mama". You sound so sweet! I want to bottle up your little voice and keep it forever!

*You are really into calling people by their names and talking about people. Several times a day you'll ask where someone is or name off everyone.
Jah = Josh
Cay-wuh = Caleb
Gyu-an = Granny
Pah = Pap
Mamie = Aunt Amy
Boower = Cooper
Mamer = Amber

*You're still a pretty good eater, but have gotten pickier. You love fruit, it's your favorite! Your most recent favorite is chocolate covered raisins. You think it's impossible to ride in the car without them!

*You know all your animal sounds - they're so cute!! My favorite is your lion sound "roar"...you say it so calmly!

*You can count to 6 on your own and to 10 with a little help. You keep telling us you're 3!

*You can sing just about any song. We love to sing "Jesus Loves Me" at night. You'll make your hands like a Bible when we get to that word! It's too sweet. Of course you love the Barney song. You have to have a hug and kiss when the song says!

*You're all about telling us to "twy it mama/daddy". Everything you do, you want us to "twy it"!

*You love telling us to cry. You'll leave my lap and go sit with Daddy and say "cwy mama, cwy"! If I say I like a toy, you'll take it and say "cwy mama, cwy"! It's so funny! Your Daddy loves it, he hopes you keep that up and make lots of little boys cry!

*You love to dance and play instruments. The Wii "Just Dance" game is your favorite! You'll go get the remote and say "das, mama?"!

*You love to be held - which I love! "Ho me, mama/daddy" is a very common phrase around our house! I love how lovey you are. You'll put your arms around us and lay your head on our shoulders - it's perfect!

*You go to bed around 8pm and sleep until 8am when you can, but I have to wake you up at 6:45 on school days.

*You go to Mother's Day Out 2 days a week and stay with Granny the rest of the time. You have a sweet little BFF who stays with you at Grannys. You and Heath are crazy about each other. You talk about him a lot at home!

*You wear size 4 diapers
*You wear size 2T clothes
*Size 6 shoes
We'll know your height and weight after your appt. Monday. I can't wait to see how you've grown! I know you're a chunk to carry through Walmart!

I know I'm forgetting something, even though this is so long. I just want to remember every little thing about you right now! I never want to forget how sweet and sassy you are at 2!

One thing is for sure, we have never been happier than we are right now! The day I found out I was finally pregnant, I knew that I would love you, but I had no idea how deeply that love would run! You are my heart and I will always love you, little Princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment