I love following "Kelly's Korner" blog and this week she's doing a Show Us Your Life link-up about how people announced their pregnancies. I don't link up often, but I like this story!
During 3 years of trying to conceive, I had lots of time to plan how I wanted to tell Jamey when the time came! I had so many fun ideas and sweet ideas, I just couldn't wait! In 2008, I found a cute tshirt that said "World's Greatest Dad" in camo. I bought it because it was so perfect and I just knew we'd need it. Month after month, we didn't need it so I shoved it in the back of my dresser - still hopeful that one day I would get to pull it out! I honestly can't even remember the other sweet ideas I had, this one sticks out in my mind the most! Anyway, after months and years of TTC and different procedures and pills, the excitement and surprise just kind of went out of it. We were "trying" and planning every month so when it did happen it's not like it would be a surprise! So I quit thinking about it too much.
In June of 2009, I woke up and decided to take a test. I don't even know what made me want to take it. I didn't dream that I was actually pregnant - we hadn't even "tried" or taken our special medicine the month before. I had 1 PT left and I took it. I have to add in here that we had company over. Everyone else was already awake and laying hardwood floor in my living room while I was in the bathroom peeing on a stick! I was absolutely shocked when the 2nd line appeared. Actually, "shock" doesn't even begin to describe what I felt. I was absolutely frozen. I have no idea how long I stood there in my bathroom holding that stick. After what seemed like an eternity, Jamey walked in the bathroom. Every single fun, sweet and cute idea I had planned flew out the window. All I could do was hand him the stick - I couldn't even say anything! He looked at me and I shook my head yes. He said "well holy shit". From there I don't even remember what went on. Somewhere in there I snuck off to the drugstore and bought some more tests and took at least 6 more just so we could see them turn positive! After 3 years (36 months) of negatives, we just needed to see those positives!
So that's how I told Jamey he was going to be a daddy! Hopefully if there's a next time, I will get to pull out some of my fun plans...
We told our families on Father's Day weekend. My dad got a tshirt that listed my nephews names then said "#3...coming soon". My in-laws got a wrapped picture of the ultrasound.
We were so excited then and we didn't even know how amazing our little girl was going to be!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment