The Life of a Little Diva

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Birthday!


Happy 1st Birthday to my sweet little miracle! God blessed us beyond measure when He chose us to be your parents. I can't believe how far you've come in a year. In some ways it seems like just yesterday that I saw your tiny, squirmy little self for the first time. And in some ways it seems like you've been with us forever. I'm not sure what we ever did before you joined our family! What entertained us? What gave us such joy? You are what we've always waited for! You are perfect in every single way!




It's 8:00 pm right now on your birthday. This time last year I was finally getting to go up to NICU and see you. I still remember how tiny and fragile you looked laying there in your little bed, hooked up to monitors. I didn't get to hold you, but I held your hand and stroked your little head and told you how much we loved you. I have no idea how to explain the feelings and thoughts going through me. I was terrified, relieved, excited, anxious, shocked, and happier than I've ever been! Your birthday was the happiest day of my life. It may not have been how we planned (but what in life ever is?!), but it was perfect. It's only fitting that you didn't come into this world in a "normal" way. You had to make a grand entrance on your own time! You showed us early on the kind of girl you're going to be! You fought hard to learn to eat and survive - minus a little stubborness and your own timing! ha!




I hope you are always the spunky, silly, determined, curious, smiling, loving little girl that you have been this last year. I hope you grow up to see what a miracle you are and always love yourself as much as we love you. I hope you take life's lessons and learn from them and use them to make you stronger. I hope you always remember that your daddy and I are your biggest fans. We cheered (literally, out loud in our corner of the NCCU) when you took your first full bottle, we cheered the first time you slept through the night, rolled over, found your fingers, held a toy, crawled, ate baby food, took a sippy, stood up, said da-da, pushed your walker and we will continue to cheer you on no matter what path you choose in life. I prayed diligently for a baby for 5 years. I never could've dreamed it would be as wonderful an experience as it has been. I love you, little monkey. With all that I am and all that I have, I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment