The Life of a Little Diva

Monday, November 9, 2015

6 Weeks

LK is 6 weeks old (plus a few days because I'm terrible at finding time to sit down and write!). I can't believe that much time has passed. It's all kind of a blur since we've had no sleep. It's been a whirlwind of feeding, changing, rocking, pacing the floor with a crying girl...and repeat it all again! The past 2 nights have been really good. She's slept 3-4 hours between feedings. And actually SLEPT. Up until now she's grunted and strained ALL.NIGHT.LONG! And no one got any sleep. If she wasn't doing that, she was crying. She had some tummy issues, but I finally feel like maybe we're on the right track. I probably just jinxed myself, but I needed to brag while I could! It's the little victories, like a 4 hour stretch, that keep my going! Of course, for some reason, it's 4:30am and I'm awake while LK is sleeping peacefully. I'll regret it later, but right now it's kind of nice to enjoy the quiet darkness!

At LK's 1 month checkup she weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs, 8 oz! She's definitely gained even more in the 2 weeks since. She likes to eat! If she takes a 4 oz bottle, then dozes off for 10 minutes, she thinks she should eat again as soon as she wakes up! She gets that from me! HA! We've started seeing more smiles and grins. Her whole little face lights up with her smile. There is a precious little dimple on her left cheek, too! She keeps trying to "talk" to us. I lay her on a pallet in the floor and she will "talk". Her eyes always fixate on something. She loves bright light or shiny things. I have a super strong kid on my hands! She's been holding her head up since she was born, but she's getting stronger and stronger with it. Sometimes when she's on my chest and I'm rocking her, I'll look down and she's got her head held up just staring at me with those big, blue eyes! She loves tummy time. She also loves tummy sleeping. LK will look for familiar voices now. If someone is holding her and I talk, she nearly breaks her neck trying to find me! I love it! She also looks for MG anytime she hears her. Those girls are crazy about each other. I've never seen a big sister love her little so much. And she's such a huge help to me. She feeds her, begs to hold her, rocks her while "shhh"ing! It's precious. MG refuses to ever leave her without giving her a million hugs and kisses, even if it's just to go outside and play! I pray that their bond is always so strong. I hope they always love each other and depend on each other. I hope I'm raising best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment