The Life of a Little Diva

Monday, November 9, 2015

5 Months

Lily Kate, tomorrow you will be 5 months old and I can't believe it! I have been terrible about updating, but our world is so crazy right now with a 5 month old, a kindergartener and 2 working parents! Especially when the 5 month old (aka YOU!) won't sleep! Ha! I took you for your 4 month check up last month and you were perfect!! You weighed 13 lbs (50%) and you were 24 in long (50% again). Dr. Edwards said the way you lift your head and use your legs was more like a 6 month old! And you are very strong!

At 5 months...

You LOVE LOVE LOVE your big sister! She is the one who can always make you happy. She's also the one who can get the big belly laughs from you!

You can roll from belly to back with no trouble at all, but you don't do it very often because you really like being on your belly! You pop that little head up and look all around!

You're really close to rolling from back to belly. You get all the way on your side. Your lower half can get all the way, but you're not sure how to get your arms out of the way just yet!

You're so very close to sitting up all by yourself!

You're a pretty quiet baby. Sometimes you get to "talking" kind of loud, but for the most part you have the softest, sweetest little voice and say "ohh" a lot! You open your mouth wide like a little bird a lot, but nothing comes out!

You're very observant. You love to look around and just watch people. You're one of the most easy going babies I've ever met. Not high maintenance at all. You really don't cry unless you're hungry or tired or if you're ready to move from one thing to another you get a little fussy.

You've learned how to do a grunt/growl and I think you just like to hear the sound it makes!

You're drinking 5-6 oz bottles every 3 hours. You're drinking Good Start Soothe formula and seem to like it.

We tried cereal a few different times. You like it, but your tummy does not!

KNOCK ON WOOD...You have yet to be sick. You had a little cold for a few days and your tummy is always gassy, but you've not been sick. I'm hoping you're healthy like your daddy!

I know you're teething. There are no teeth showing yet and I can't feel them, but I know it's happening. You're a drool machine and your hands are always in your mouth. If anything comes near your mouth, you attack it and gum it like crazy!

Let's talk about sleep! Or lack thereof! You're pretty much the perfect baby except for sleeping! You just don't do it! You are exhausted around 7-8pm and go to sleep/bed with no problem. Then you wake up 3 hours later and the rest of the night is miserable! You like to sleep in short naps and the problem is that your daddy and I like to sleep at night, for the whole night! But, I know that one of these days you'll be sleeping through the night and that will cut out on my snuggling and rocking time. So as exhausted as I am (and let me just tell you, I'm EXHAUSTED!!), I will take these sleepless nights and savor them!

You are one of our biggest joys, LK and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment