The Life of a Little Diva

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Follow Up on Ears

Back on Dec. 15 I posted about the ear infection we've been battling. Well here we are over a month later and holding out until Thursday when MG will get her 5th set of tubes and have sinus surgery while she's under anesthesia. She went back for her follow-up and still had a ton of fluid behind her right ear drum. They tested her hearing because they were so concerned. She wouldn't participate in the hearing test (refused to raise her hand when she heard a beep - or maybe she didn't hear it, who knows?!), but they were able to run another test that concluded that it's more pressure than fluid behind her ear drum - good news. Still not a good scenario, but much better than it being fluid. They X-Rayed her sinuses and said they were packed full. There's no way to clear them out other than sinus irrigation surgery. So, that's what we're doing ... Thursday. I'm dreading it. Of course I don't like my baby being put under anesthesia. Even though we've done it 4 times already, it doesn't get easier. It makes it even worse that she's older now and is going to freak out when they wheel her off from us. I'm not sure my pregnant hormones can handle that! I'm also dreading the recovery. For a nose breather who sucks her fingers, a stuffy nose for a couple weeks after surgery is the worst case side effect! Ha! I'm just praying we get any kind of sleep in the weeks following. I'm ready to see my poor girl feel better, though. That's what I keep reminding myself. Those dark circles under her eyes, that constant cough, those long nights screaming with ear pain...I'm ready for them to end. There's nothing worse than seeing your baby in pain and being able to do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment