The Life of a Little Diva

Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Very Merry Christmas 2014

We did have a very merry Christmas. Christmases with MG have gotten more and more fun each year. But this year was definitely the best yet. She was so excited for everything. The tree, lights outside, wrapping presents, picking something out for everyone and opening her gifts. It was just so much fun. Crazy hectic, but so fun!

We had Christmas at Aunt Pat's the Saturday before. We did the normal breakfast feast and it was fabulous, as always! We didn't do gifts at all this year, which was great. MG got to play with Leigha, her favorite person ever! She threw a fit when it was time to leave and asked if we could come back the next day!

Christmas Eve Day we hung around the house, just the 3 of us. We let MG open her presents throughout the day. I love doing it that way. She takes such time with each toy and is so grateful for each one. I really love her grateful heart. She appreciates things she has/gets. I hope she always does. It's hard to believe that next year we will have a family of 4 for Christmas! There will be a little 6 month old thrown into the mix. I can't wait for it! Last minute, I found her a big roll-up Crayola drawing pad that uses the watercolors and erases. It has been her favorite from us. She's so artistic and loves that she can draw, draw, draw then erase and start over!

Christmas Eve was spent at my parents, like always. We ate way too much, laughed a lot and enjoyed our time together. It's one of my favorite nights of the year.

Christmas Morning MG woke up to her Santa gifts. We didn't go extravagant this year. She has so much already and with all the Christmases, plus her bday 5 days later, it really isn't necessary. But, you would have thought she got the whole ToysRUs store! Again, her grateful heart just gets me! Santa brought her a Frozen karaoke machine, which has been a huge hit. I'm sure the neighbors are really grateful! Ha! I think that was her favorite Santa gift.

Christmas Day we spend at my in-laws. We had a good time there, too. The kids loved opening all their gifts and getting to play hard. The big kids got to shoot their guns. Everyone was happy!

We spent the night and left the next morning for MG's bday trip. I'll post about that next. I'm just a little behind!

I have to say, we had a really great Christmas. We are truly blessed with our little family and with our big families. I love that MG knows the true reason we celebrate Christmas and can tell you the story of Mary and Joseph. She loves her nativity scenes and telling the story. I hope and pray that we do a good job of finding the balance between Santa/gifts and the true meaning. I think we've done ok so far!

Pics will have to come later, hopefully I'll remember! I haven't put them on my computer yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment