The Life of a Little Diva

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

Happy Easter! Easter is my absolute favorite holiday. It's just such a happy, powerful day. I mean, Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for ME! What's not to celebrate?!

We had a great day celebrating. We talk about the real reason for Easter and we know what's important, but we still have some Easter Bunny fun, too! Last night at bedtime, MG informed me that her teacher told her that the Easter Bunny hides eggs...Dang! So I went to get some eggs, dug up some spare change and hid them for her to wake up to. When she woke up and came in our bedroom she said "the Bunny did hide eggs...see, I told you!" Ha!

We had a great morning at church. I always love the songs on Easter. The best part of the service was that Molly Grace started asking questions. She was actually hearing what the pastor was saying and asking questions. YES! And of course she looked so stinkin' cute!

After church we headed over to mom and dad's. We had a yummy lunch, the kids opened their baskets from Granny and Pap, we hunted eggs, then just sat outside and visited - perfect day!!

We've spent the last week reading the Easter story and talking about the real meaning. I want Molly Grace to know and understand the reason behind each holiday. It's so important to me that she knows what Jesus did for us. We've been talking about our sins and Jesus dying on the cross for HER. She's really been into it. I've been asking her everyday "what is the most important part of Easter?" and she always yells back "JESUS is ALIVE!!!!".

No comments:

Post a Comment