Friday, May 25, 2012
Sleep Update
I guess I need to update so that when we go through this again in a few months I can look back and see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Whatever MG was going through, she is finally working it out. I've done surprises and rewards for sleeping in her bed at nap this week and she gets chocolate milk in the morning for sleeping in her bed all night. I'm not proud of my bribery, but when you're desperate, you use what you can!
Wednesday night was probably our absolute hardest night. I had a dinner to go to which started off the evening in a negative light. When I got home at 9:15ish, she was still in her bed crying. Jamey said she'd been crying for me for an hour...break a Mother's heart! So I rocked her and calmed her down, but as soon as I went to lay her down she flipped out. So I sat in her bedroom floor staring at the pattern in the carpet for an hour. She would periodically peek up and make sure I was still there before laying back down. She ended up asleep and slept in her bed until 5:30am! I was so proud.
Thursday night we were at the ballpark until 9pm so she was exhausted when we got home. I rocked her, sang her some songs and she was out.
Her only request is that we leave the door open. We've always shut her door when we leave and she's always been fine with it. But now she wants it open and that we can handle!
Naps have been good, too. Today I layed her down, sang 2 songs and she's been asleep for 2 hours!
Thank you, Lord, that this too shall pass!
**Update...I "spoke" too soon and the night ended up awful! She did sleep through the night once she finally went to sleep, though. I have to give her points for creativity, though. She needed a drink, she was hungry, her finger hurt and she needed a bandaid...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment