It's been awhile since I updated...again! But really, nothing new is going on! I guess that's actually a good thing. No news is good news!
We are knee-deep in the middle of the Terrible Twos! Every second seems like a battle of the wills between us and our "Strong-Willed Child"! Our house is Meltdown Central. I never ever thought that I would be the calm parent who just shrugs and ignores a fit and Jamey would be the one it drives insane! But that's the way it turned out! Ha! Still makes me laugh that I'm the calm one!
Molly Grace is so smart - I just can't stress how smart she is. I want to remember what an amazing vocabulary (and correct usage) she has right now. It shocks me on a daily basis when she identifies something or uses a word or phrase correctly. I hope she's always so bright - and uses it! She has a Dora book with animals in it. She can name the sloth, toucan, porcupine and other crazy animals! She knows her colors, constantly counts everything and loves to sing. My mom says it's obvious she's a teacher's child because she loves to be in charge and boss everyone around...and she does! But so do I! Ha!
She takes care of the kids at school - she keeps them in line! Ha! Mom said Tuesday she looked over and MG had her finger pointed at a little boy and very seriously, calmly and slowly told him "Nnno...Nnnno..Nnnno"! Oh my! What are we in for?
On a daily basis, I look at Jamey, shake my head and ask "what in the world are we going to do with her?!". He doesn't know either!
If we get on to her she either:
*runs away laughing like we're chasing her
*plays dead
*pretends to be sleeping (sometimes complete with snoring!)
*mocks us
*melts down
*screams
It's never dull around here!
I have to add in here (so I don't read this years down the road and regret not defending her a little) that she is also the sweetest little lovebug ever (when she wants to be - and only when she wants to be!). She'll grab us by the face and give kisses. When I hold her, she snuggles close and wraps her little arm around mine. She always tells us back "un you" (love you).
She's very compassionate. If she thinks someone or something is hurt, she's right there asking "ok?".
She's very nurturing and into taking care of things (read above for the down side to this trait! Ha!). She'll put her hand or foot in Time Out (yes, I'm serious!). Then immediately ask if it's Ok and say "I know..." while patting it! Strange, yes! But also sweet!
She's C.R.A.Z.Y. about Cooper these days! He's finally getting to where he'll play with her - she doesn't freak him out as much. They'll chase each other around the house until they're both out of breath!
Funny story...we're driving down the road the other day and out of the blue she says "I want a sister". I don't know where that came from, but Jamey was in hog-heaven! He finally had someone on his side of that battle!
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment