In 2 months I will have a 2 year old...wow! The last 2 years have flown by in a hurry. Sometimes it feels like we were just in NICU holding her tiny hand and somedays that feels like an eternity ago. Either way, our lives have changed dramatically and have never been better! Molly Grace has brought love, laughter and smiles to our lives!
So, what are you like as an almost 2 year old? Let's see...sassy, stubborn, strong-willed, smart, funny, silly, loveable, sweet, shy, loud, and amazing!
My mom told me the other day that she once went to a James Dobson conference and he said that the child who will stand up and tell you, the parent, "no!" is the same child who will stand up against peer pressure and say "no!". If that's the case, then we are in luck! Because you don't hesitate at all to tell us no any chance you get! I think it's your favorite word right now. Sometimes you're really polite about it and say "no ma'am", though!
You also love the word "mine". That just started last week, but you are really fond of pointing out to us what's yours! Last week, every chair in the doctor's waiting room was "mine"!
You counted to 5 yesterday all by yourself! We were shocked and amazed and oh so proud! We were trying to get you to come in the living room and you weren't listening so I said "I'm going to count to 3...1," You didn't even let me finish, you said "2...3...4...5"! We totally forgot you were in trouble and had a little celebration! We were so proud of you!
You love to sing your abcs. I can always tell what you're singing. You have the tune down, get a few letters right and end it with "know abc...sing...me"!
Your other favorite songs are "Mr. Sun", "Barney", "Happy and You Know It".
Your 2 favorite people in the world are Barney and Minnie Mouse! You ask for "Bawney" every night before bed. You sit in your daddy's lap drinking your milk and watching "Bawney". You won't go to bed without him! When it's time, you always blow Barney kisses and tell him goodnight!
You are talking up a storm, seriously! It's craziness! You are using 3 word phrases pretty often and it shocks me everytime! I'm just not used to having an actual conversation with you! The other night you said "hod me...mama...pweese"! You better believe I held you after that!
You love love love to talk on the phone - for real and pretend! Anything can be a phone for you and you have some really funny conversations. You always pick it up and say "yeyoh, yeah, sjkdljgisohdhig..."!
Other fun things you say:
No no Booper
Ba Back (right back)
Hee Haw (yee-haw)
Nigh Nigh Mama/Dadddy
shoes
chair (when you want to eat!)
ball
awww baby
I get
goh it (got it)
bi bi bi (bite, you know this one well!)
You can really say anything you want to, you just have to want to!
I'm pretty sure you hit the "terrible twos" at 20 months, but the closer we get to 2, the worse it gets! Luckily it only comes in moments and you're quickly back to your fun, loving self. But sometimes those moments seem like an eternity - especially when I'm alone with you in Walmart and you are screaming at the top of your lungs and kicking! You definitely know what you want and when you want it!
You love to eat, but you're kind of picky these days. You love apples and Nutra Grain Bars and would eat nothing else if we let you!
You sleep great at night. You go to bed with no trouble after being rocked for a few minutes (which is my favorite part of the day!). You have to be on your belly on the left side of the crib and you have to have baby on the other side facing you! It has to be just right each night!
You're still a finger sucker and want to have your hair in your fingers. You wanted my hair when you were little, but now you've started pulling yours out to suck on. The left side of your head is pretty much bald. I freaked out at first and worried over it, but then I let it go. It's your comfort thing, you'll grow out of it and you're still beautiful even with a comb-over! ha!
Happy Birthday to my sweet angel...the one I prayed for and hoped for for 5 long years! You have made our lives complete and we love you more and more each and every day!
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment