Sunday, November 7, 2010
Weekend Getaway
We had a much needed getaway planned for this weekend to Branson, MO to do some Christmas shopping and visit with family. My husband's family started this last year and we were excited to go back again. Last year I was pregnant and this year we took a 10 month old - night and day difference! I was a little frantic about taking her off 4 hours away for 2 nights - packing makes me crazy! ha! We were both off Friday and were planning to leave early that morning. Of course Thursday my child comes down with a cold! I didn't think too much about it, just assuming it was a little cold and she'd be fine. The pediatrician called her in some medicine to take with us. She slept 3 of the 4 hours we were on the road - that was my first clue that things weren't going to go well! For her to sleep that long, she obviously didn't feel good. We got there Friday afternoon and ran a couple places. Molly Grace had a great time playing with her cousins, but obviously didn't feel good. She had the worst night ever. I finally put her in bed with us, but she tossed, turned, kicked, rolled and snored all night long. I felt horrible for her. Saturday she woke up in a pretty good mood, but still so congested and running a low grade fever. We ran a few places, but spent most of the day letting her nap and play when she would. We had a family dinner out Saturday night and she didn't handle it so well. By then she had developed a nasty cough that really had my worried. She fell asleep on the way home from dinner and ended up going to bed at 6 pm. She woke herself up at 9 coughing. At that point we packed everything up and headed home! We got home around 1am. She slept the whole way, thankfully. But she hacked and coughed the entire time. She had a really restless night after we got home, but took a 3 hour nap this morning and is asleep again right now. I guess we'll be seeing the dr. tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment