Molly Grace has her first ear infection - in both ears. Her cough got worse yesterday and her fever kept getting higher. It was 102 this morning so I decided to make a trip to the ped's office for "Sick Call". We walked in 2 minutes before they officially opened and we were the 11th person to sign in! The waiting room was full of sick, coughing, puking kids. My "sick" baby was the only one talking, growling and fussing to get down! At that point I was wondering what in the world we were doing there and fearing what we could catch before we could get out!
Her fever was down to 99 (thanks to Motrin) when the nurse took it. He told me before he even looked at her that it was probably an ear infection. He said if a cold is going to cause a fever, it does from the beginning. If a fever develops a day or more into a cold then there's probably an infection of some sort - good information to know!
We were sent home with the yummy bubblegum amoxicillin. I decided to take the whole day off with her since she was so miserable. She was my siamese twin all day long. She wouldn't let me out of her sight and just wanted to be held and sleep. She's not eating too well, but she's wanting to drink water all day which is good.
Bedtime was rough tonight. She didn't want to be laid down. We started bedtime at 7:30 and she just now stopped crying and (fingers crossed) is asleep (it's 9:30!). I refuse to let her "cry it out" while she's sick. I rocked her and rocked her and rocked her! When that didn't work, I decided to lay her down and just stand by the crib. Everytime she'd get up and cry I'd kiss her and lay her down. I never left until she was asleep. I figure that was a nice compromise! I really just wanted to scoop her up, take her to bed with me and cuddle her all night long!
Hopefully she will start feeling a lot better tomorrow!
**Since we were at the doctor today we got a new weight! You now weigh 19 lbs 12 oz. Not a big jump from last month!
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment