I can't believe my tiny 5lb baby is 4 weeks old already!! It doesn't seem possible that 4 weeks have gone by since my water spontaneously broke and we were rushed to Memphis in an ambulance to give birth to a preemie at 33 weeks. In a way, that seems like a lifetime ago and yet it seems like yesterday. Our lives have certainly changed since this little person has come into our lives! Who knew I could survive on so little sleep? Ha!
Molly Grace is more alert this week than last. She actually has some awake time during the day now! Maybe we're making progress! lol She really likes the boppy pillow. I think she likes sitting up so she can see around. She's more interested in her surroundings now. She's so serious when she's looking around!
Molly Grace has become more fond of her paci this week. It soothes her at night when she's wide awake! She's also started sucking her thumb - she finally found it! She's also found that she can play with her hair! I think it's the sweetest sight ever!
Monday we go for her 1 month checkup. I can't wait to see what she weighs now. She's already changed so much. She's not a skinny little thing anymore. She's really beginning to fill out.
Molly Grace is eating around 18-21 oz everyday. This is a HUGE step from the 11 oz we were having to fight her to eat in the hospital 2 short weeks ago! I can't say enough that there is no place like home. We knew if we could get our sweet girl home she would do so much better - and she has.
I don't remember what we did before Molly Grace came into our lives! She's the greatest thing I've ever done!
No comments:
Post a Comment